Poll

What do you think is the best way to fit Android buttons ?

Back-Menu-Home-Search
4 (16%)
Menu-Home-Back-Search
5 (20%)
Home-Menu-Back-Search
11 (44%)
Different
5 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Best way to fit Android buttons in ZERO  (Read 6104 times)

Offline Rodrigo (gp)

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 23
    • View Profile
Best way to fit Android buttons in ZERO
« on: January 18, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »
Hello.

We have a lot of doubt about the best way to fit Android buttons in Geeksphone ZERO.

For that reason here a Poll to know opinions.

Thank you.... ;)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:15:07 AM by Rodrigo (gp) »

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to fit Android buttons in ZERO
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 11:10:01 AM »
Home back menu search. :D

By priority order. Home is the most important, then back, and then menu. Search is not so important so i put it on the right.

Perdona me, soy frances y hablo español como una vaca francesa, pero hago esfuerzo para hablar correctamente. :)

Thanks to rmcc for all his work!!!! :)

Offline Simon

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 03:44:21 AM »
Leaving aside that your priority order might not be shared by everyone, what sense does it make to have the button with the "highest priority" to the left and the "not so important" one to the right? is left somehow better than right? Isn't it better to have important buttons close to the center?

And by the way, I use [back] a lot more than [home]

By priority order. Home is the most important, then back, and then menu. Search is not so important so i put it on the right.

Offline aitorTheRed

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Ich Weiss nicht
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 04:13:00 AM »
Leaving aside that your priority order might not be shared by everyone, what sense does it make to have the button with the "highest priority" to the left and the "not so important" one to the right? is left somehow better than right? Isn't it better to have important buttons close to the center?

I guess that's beacouse if you pick the phone with your right-hand (aprox 90% of users are right-handed) the closer to the left is easier to press with the thumb finger :-)

And yes, I use more the back button and the menu button than the home. For me, the order of the ONe is OK, and I preffer the search button to be appart (similar to the tattoo :P)
I'm not Geeksphone Staff. Only Forum Administrator.
"Los README son para los gallinas. Se valiente y ejecuta"
Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aitorTheRed

Offline rmcc

• VIP
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 07:11:20 AM »

I guess that's beacouse if you pick the phone with your right-hand (aprox 90% of users are right-handed) the closer to the left is easier to press with the thumb finger :-)

And yes, I use more the back button and the menu button than the home. For me, the order of the ONe is OK, and I preffer the search button to be appart (similar to the tattoo :P)

"Home / Menu / Back / Search" or "Home / Menu / Search / Back": The first is how my current phone works, the second is how I'd like it to be :)

Offline qcn85

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 08:19:45 AM »

"Home / Menu / Back / Search" or "Home / Menu / Search / Back": The first is how my current phone works, the second is how I'd like it to be :)
+1, because the middle positions are the more accessible one's and the Menu and Search buttons are the most used one's, so they should be placed in that's positions.
"Matar a un hombre es algo muy duro, le quitas todo lo que tiene y todo lo que podría tener"
"William Munny" (Clint Eastwood) - Sin perdón (1992)

Offline shana

• Thank You
  • One - RCmod 3.0.2.3. ZERO - SR 1.01 Isaac
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 10:27:20 AM »

+1, because the middle positions are the more accessible one's and the Menu and Search buttons are the most used one's, so they should be placed in that's positions.
+1
One - RCmod 3.0.2.3. ZERO - SR 1.01 Isaac
* Fring
*Quick Settings
*Launcher  : Home++ by Intuitit

Offline Juliopp

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 02:01:56 PM »