Author Topic: PEAK latest images  (Read 16329 times)

benimnetz

Re: PEAK latest images
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 01:42:52 AM »
Guys, i don't really understand the problem here.
It pretty easy to build nightly images from mozilla for the Peak yourself*. As i understand, nightlies are an additional service Geeksphone provides. They are build right from the archives of mozilla. It is actually not surprising they break sometimes and even are not compiling. Living on the bleeding edge you can't expect everything to run smooth always.

I think its fair to realize Geeksphone has to prioritize its developers, it is still a small company. Currently Geeksphone provides four different images for our phones.

* see: https://developer.mozilla.org/de/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/Building_and_installing_Firefox_OS

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 64
    • View Profile
Re: PEAK latest images
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 05:30:15 AM »
5) As I explain in this forum our scripts first sync all code, if downloads correctly it uploads the manifest to http://www.geeksphone.com/manifests/, then try to build a image, if dont work the manifest remains, but the image is not uploaded, so you cant take this file as a clue of... I dont know...

Why http://www.geeksphone.com/manifests/2013-12-04/index.php source_peak-master_2013-12-04.xml is not ported as a Peak Nighly update? The latest Nightly version update we have in 2013-11-27.

Because as I explain this file is uploaded when it syncs the code, no when it builds, so the sync goes on, upload the file, tries to build, faild and there is no image, but this file exist.

If I dont explain myself just ask and will try to explain it better.

6) All this points are in the forum, the bug, the info about the scripts, etc. Next time, please, spend some time searching in the forum. Thanks

PS: Personally I think that yout post has been very unpolite, but is just my opinion...

Luis, I would not post any question, if there would be possible to find the right answer. I see no "impolite" on reporting issues and helping make better Firefox OS and Web experience.

The bug about this problem was posted, the way that the scripts work was posted too. All this info was in the forum...
There is nothing wrong in reporting issues, but this:
Promise was to get new release every day night. Could anybody fix this issue forever!? Geeksphone argued before that it was Mozilla issue. I would not agree with that,
is not reporting, is giving your opinion in a not friendly way.

Anyway, the problem is fixed as you can see here:https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=946288
The problem is that in gaia a keyboard layout in 1.2 is called bg.js and in master now has 3 files, so this is because it dont build. Now we taked out Bulgarian as layout until the files get the same name.

Offline talamaska

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Re:PEAK latest images
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2014, 01:38:22 PM »
people what's up with the updates, you're taking it too long. Mozillian people are working on 1.4 already and there is already implemented bulgarian and big ui change. How long we are stuck with that 1.1. Instead of releasing more phones with the older OS version, why don't you get the latest and make that OTA update.
Your actions are insulting all the people that have bought the Peak and Keon. Your actions are blocking many developers from testing their apps in the Firefox simulator and upload them to the phone. Since FF 2.5 there is new AppManager that works with FF OS only 1.2 and above.
What the hell are you doing there?

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 12:31:17 AM »
people what's up with the updates, you're taking it too long. Mozillian people are working on 1.4 already and there is already implemented bulgarian and big ui change. How long we are stuck with that 1.1. Instead of releasing more phones with the older OS version, why don't you get the latest and make that OTA update.
Your actions are insulting all the people that have bought the Peak and Keon. Your actions are blocking many developers from testing their apps in the Firefox simulator and upload them to the phone. Since FF 2.5 there is new AppManager that works with FF OS only 1.2 and above.
What the hell are you doing there?

Sorry, but with words as "insulting" and "hell" i will not spend much time answering you.

1) 1.2 is the last stable. Mozillian people could work in 7.5 if they want but are all beta.
2) 1.3 is scheduled in March
3) You can install 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4. You can even compile it youtself.
4) Go and buy a ZTE and wait for updates.

If you what a more detailed and polite answer, be polite and you will get it.

Offline talamaska

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 08:51:46 AM »
Well check your downloads page and see if the latest stable is 1.2, at least verify what you are answering.

And yes you were advertising the phone to have frequent updates, and I don't see those.
I guess you can't or don't want to understand that staying on 1.1 is blocking all the developers trying to develop and test their apps.  Every time I got very irresponsible answers from you the geeksphone team.

And I'm gonna continue to use the phrase "what the hell"  even more, cause it's the most polite way to ask you what is taking it so long.

oh and btw there is 1.2 for ZTE.
You are just making worst marketing with that answer.

Instead of releasing more phones with the older OS version, why don't you get the latest and make that OTA update.

If this is your last statement, well shame on you.

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 12:38:36 AM »
Well check your downloads page and see if the latest stable is 1.2, at least verify what you are answering.

I know well what are in the downloads page... i uploaded them there.

You dont see the latest 1.2? This is the latest stable from Mozilla (not our latest stable), but like this is a developer phone (not end user phone) you can think this like the latest stable one.

And yes you were advertising the phone to have frequent updates, and I don't see those.
Well then you dont look harder enought, because in this download page you have 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 (master). If you download it and install it you will get daily updates.
I guess you can't or don't want to understand that staying on 1.1 is blocking all the developers trying to develop and test their apps.  Every time I got very irresponsible answers from you the geeksphone team.
Or maybe you dont undestand how Mozilla/Geeksphone updates work.

Mozilla releases 1.1 as stable, but they forgot to fix some bugs, so we take this image and fix them and release it as OUR stable. I suppose that this is the one that you have.
Mozilla releases 1.2 as stable, and seems stable enought. We will release OUR stable version with our branding and maybe some fixes when we can. Sorry we are not Samsung or ZTE and dont have 200 people working in this project :(.
Mozilla will release 1.3 as stable in March, and we will see.

It's clear enought now? If not just ask and i will try to make it more clear.
And I'm gonna continue to use the phrase "what the hell"  even more, cause it's the most polite way to ask you what is taking it so long.

Oh, you can continue using it. You will just get what you give. No wait for a polite answer from me either.

oh and btw there is 1.2 for ZTE.
You are just making worst marketing with that answer.

Yes, they compile the latest 1.2 from Mozilla and release it just using his branding... Great work. We are doing it from day 1. Just wait for 1.3 or 1.4. Oh, and i said it correctly... go buy a ZTE and sell your GP phone... i will be happy :)

Instead of releasing more phones with the older OS version, why don't you get the latest and make that OTA update.

Which phones are you speaking about? Revolution?
Just install the correct image and work with it like all the others developers do. You can use 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4, what you need.
If this is your last statement, well shame on you.

Oh, as you can see that was not my last post for you. You can see in the forum that I'm a polite person who try to help other users with the info and resources that i have, but other users know too that i will reply to defend my work because is a hard work and some people think that can use rude words just because they have paid some money in a device, and sorry, but this is not correct.

So resuming, you are rude will get less help and in a rude way, you are polite and will get a polite and helpfull answer.

PS: Please, just keep the thread topic. If you want to discuss another topic open a new thread in General and i will answer there.

Offline Vincent14

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • View Profile
    • Influence PC
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 03:09:00 AM »
Hello,

I follow the Geeksphone adventure since the beginning of Firefox OS phones, and I mainly agree with the idea that having the most up-to-date and stable phone for a developers seems "normal".

I know Geeksphone is doing his best to release each new version ASAP, also taking time for other projects (as the Revolution phone?), the only thing you forgot is to inform your current customers  :-[ Perhaps you could open a new blog/RSS only in english to follow your technical work on your different phones, just to have an idea if all is going good.

The Geeksphone Peak is my main phone, I have no other smartphone (they are too expensive and too dangerous for my personal data), so I have to wait the stable updates.

I'm really pressed to get 1.2 on my phone because lot of apps and API are not working on previous versions, and with the incoming of 1.3 I'm affraid to be 3 month late on the Mozilla workflow (I guess we can't expect the 1.3 before, well, june? july?). It's a problem for us. If I had bought a ZTE I could understand, stability etc, but it's a developer phone  :'(

Offline AlexanderVanLoon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • View Profile
    • weblog
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2014, 05:49:11 AM »
I had just written a longer post which got eaten when I hit the reply button, so let me keep it short. I'm disappointed with Geeksphone because we still don't have an update to 1.2 yet. All the Geeksphone website does is talk about the Revolution, instead you should provide us with a news update on which bugs still need to be fixed before we get an upgrade to a stable 1.2.

Offline bdcomp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2014, 08:34:09 AM »
I had just written a longer post which got eaten when I hit the reply button, so let me keep it short. I'm disappointed with Geeksphone because we still don't have an update to 1.2 yet. All the Geeksphone website does is talk about the Revolution, instead you should provide us with a news update on which bugs still need to be fixed before we get an upgrade to a stable 1.2.

Short and exactly what I think - as 1.2 is stable by Mozilla for many weeks now, only 2 options is making sense:
  • If there are still some bugs related to Peak and Keon only, post this bugs list. We may help to debug and fix this bugs.
    Also, we will know exactly why 1.2 is still not a stable OTA update.
  • If there are no bugs GP working on for the 1.2 branch, release it as a stable OTA update.

I think it's as simple as that.

mcepl

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 12:24:09 PM »
  • If there are still some bugs related to Peak and Keon only, post this bugs list. We may help to debug and fix this bugs.
    Also, we will know exactly why 1.2 is still not a stable OTA update.

I have my beloved https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=924999 which bars me from switching to 1.2.

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2014, 04:25:43 AM »
Latest 1.4 is in downloads.geeksphone.com

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline victorjqv

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2014, 09:46:31 AM »
thanks for updates

Offline mibuthu

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2014, 05:41:35 AM »
Are there no daily builds for 1.4 available?
The version to download is still from 07.04.2014.

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2014, 01:45:58 AM »
Are there no daily builds for 1.4 available?
The version to download is still from 07.04.2014.

Fixed.
From tonight the daily images are built.

Offline victorjqv

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2014, 04:09:27 AM »
thanks