Author Topic: Firefox Bugs  (Read 30210 times)

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 64
    • View Profile
Firefox Bugs
« on: March 26, 2014, 05:34:28 AM »
As there are two threads about bugs and to know which are from Mozilla and which not i have opened this thread.

Those are the bugs that you indentified in the other posts. I added more info about it:

FIXED or Mozilla related:

* Battery draining problem.
* Only capital letters displayed on onscreen keyboard: Mozilla changed it from 1.2 to 1.3. because a performance problem https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=860318#c60 (thanks xinouch)
* Marketplace: only the first and last preview image are displayed but not any preview images between if language is set to German in phone settings. Tested in the last fota (post-26 march) and doesnt happens.
* adb disconnects when the screen turns off: Its the way that Mozilla thinks it should work. In Android this doesnt happens.
* Audio volume controls seems to be recognizing just two levels -> on and off; volume is not changing at all: Tested with Music player, Video Player and some games and is working ok with last fota (post 26-march).
* Email application problems: There are many bugs related with sync and email https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=903696 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=977617 etc.
* Marketplace problem when More button is pressed: Doesnt happens with updated Marketplace and last fota (post-26March)
* Sometimes when the device is in deep sleep the first time that power button is pressed dont switch the display on inmediatly: Known bug. Happens too in other devices https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=937288
* Half of the screen turns black: We cannot reproduce it.
* Touchscreen act weid: We cannot reproduce it. If it happens with new fota (post 26-March) post it.
* "No sim card" in notification related with data usage: Error identified. Working to fix it. (Fota 7-April)

Bugs that we are working on:

* Number of app icons per screen: Known bug. It's related with the screen size. Mozilla dont support this size so 1 icon is hidden when you add more that 4 rows. We will try to fix it.
* Cellular & Data: Network type preference setting under Network operator is not saved: Known bug. Working on it.
* GPS is currently only working in some apps: Tested in GPSDashboard and hardware is working. Will see if we cant identify what is happening with the rest.
* Black screen in some games and apps: Known bug. It's related to Mozilla not supporting PVR graphic chipset. They not supports it in master branch and we are backporting this to 1.3. If you get a blackscreen in anything related with images (games, gallery, etc.) it's related with this bug. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=950050
* Videos played with 720p has a green line: Known bug. This was added for not 720p https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=785275. Testing if without this patch if fixed.
* When a wired headset is connected and the device is un deep sleep a sound is played in the speaker: This is now 2 bugs:
  - When in deep sleep the audio out is speaker by default (Fixed in 7-April fota)
  - When in deep sleep and using headphone there is a static noise in headphones. (If you connect a usb cable the noise dissaperars)
* When importing contact from VCF files some of them are not imported. Seems related with https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=966622, but this patch is already in our images, so maybe it's related with this one: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=962215 that is already patched  too.
* Gsensor works in orientation, but not in some games.
* Vibrator doesnt work in deep sleep.

If you have more bugs please post here and i will update this list. When a bug is resolved i will update it too.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:22:30 AM by luis.cuervo »

Offline xinouch

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • View Profile
Re:Firefox Bugs
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 05:48:26 AM »
* Only capital letters displayed on onscreen keyboard: Mozilla changed it from 1.2 to 1.3. I hope that in 1.4 come back to the "logical" way.

the answer I get from mozilla is: in 1.5, we will be able to create our own keyboard as an app (like in android). then, we would be able to do whatever we prefer. this is not the answer I was hopping :(
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=860318#c60

Offline revelon

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 09:42:38 AM »
Endurance of battery is directly related to GPS module, turn it off and it lasts 2-3 days, I recommend it to everyone...
Blackscreens on PVR in many apps, hard2wake button issues and disappearing app icons are the most problematic issues, for me, endurance no more :-)
No other reproducible problems, from my side...

MR

Offline Luca F.

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 12:03:41 PM »
* Battery draining problem: FIXED
* "No sim card" in notification related with data usage: Error identified. Working to fix it.

About "no sim card...", there is this bug on bugzilla:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=986358
They are verifying if it's a Mozilla related bug. If you have more infos you should write something there IMO.

About the battery: it seems to me that the battery duration was better with android, but its just an impression...

Offline jorge.alves

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 01:28:10 PM »
I remember hitting this one but don't know if it was fixed in the latest FOTA:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=966622

BooBoo

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 01:48:32 PM »
* Number of app icons per screen: Known bug. It's related with the screen size. Mozilla dont support this size so 1 icon is hidden when you add more that 4 rows. We will try to fix it.

The same problem did occur on the Peak with FFOS 1.2 or 1.1 for a short period of time (already quite a while ago). But then it seemed fixed (maybe with the HD image). I wonder why this issue is now again in FFOs 1.3.

* Marketplace: only the first and last preview image are displayed but not any preview images between if language is set to German in phone settings. Tested in the last fota (post-26 march) and doesnt happens.

Are you referring to a FOTA for the Revolution? I don't see any available for Revolution since the FOTA of 19th March. This issue definitely started for me only after installing the FOTA released on 19th March. Additionally, this issue only occurs on the Revolution. On the Peak (FOTA from 26th March) the Marketplace apps preview images show up without any issues for me, too.

* Sometimes when the device is in deep sleep the first time that power button is pressed dont switch the display on inmediatly: Known bug. Happens too in other devices https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=937288

The power button issue definitely started with the FOTA released on 19th March. On other devices there might also be issues with the power button (I think I remember that the power button of Peak did also react slightly inconsistent for a period of time some time ago but it works fine again now with most recent FFOS 1.3 image). Maybe there are different issues with the power button on different devices. For the Revolution I would rather suspect the issue is connected with the battery consumption fixes that came with the FOTA of 19th March.

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 01:21:51 AM »
It's supposed that in 1.3 all HD devices are supported and no different branch is needed... maybe they added this but forgot to fix the homescreen icons problem. Like all other bugs we will try to fix it.

About the fota from 26March, it's one that i am testing right now. It's not public by now, but i tested this bugs and  some of them are fixed.

We will see what changes in 19march  are related with power button and do some test...

Offline lupus

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 02:27:33 AM »
Battery draining problem: FIXED
With normal usage the phone now lasts approx. one day which is okay but if you'd like to do some navigation this probably won't be enough.

Marketplace: only the first and last preview image are displayed but not any preview images between if language is set to German in phone settings. Tested in the last fota (post-26 march) and doesnt happens.
This applies only to the fullscreen previews. The thumbs are displayed but you only get a white screen if you tap on them. (but the first and the last one work)

Touchscreen act weid: We cannot reproduce it. If it happens with new fota (post 26-March) post it.
Not the touch screen but the home button: Sometimes if you charge your phone and you press the home button for a second in order to get the "task manager" thing, this doesn't work and the phone just vibrates (interpreted as dozens of short taps in a row)

Half of the screen turns black: We cannot reproduce it.
This happens e.g. in Loqui IM for the part where the keyboard used to be. It is even visible if you take a screenshot --> this might be an app-specific behaviour/mistake.

adb disconnects when the screen turns off: Its the way that Mozilla thinks it should work. In Android this doesnt happens.
Strange but ok :D

Audio volume controls seems to be recognizing just two levels -> on and off; volume is not changing at all: Tested with Music player, Video Player and some games and is working ok with last fota (post 26-march).
Well the span could be a bit greater (first step starts pretty loud, could be quieter, last step is still pretty quiet, could be much louder <-- is that possible?)

Another thing 1: If you use a pin for the device and you turn the screen off and on again, you just get the normal slider, which is right, because the lock screen should start after a few minutes. If you press the home button while you are on the "slider screen", you get the lock screen. This would be a cool feature (in case you just want to lock your device). But by tapping on "cancel" you can disable the lock screen again :D this behaviour is a bit strange :)

Another thing 2: If you change the network connection mode (from mobile data to wifi or the other way round) the apps seem to loose their connections and you have to restart them in order to have a network connection again. Is that a bug or just normal?

Thank you very much for all your effort! :)

Offline christianlx-fra

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 03:01:47 AM »
Hello,

as for me, I experiment several problems with the import of a vcf file. It start the import and hangs. In the last test, I tried the import of 47 contacts, it hangs on the number 46. I don't know if the import function read the file line per line but here's the contact number 46 :

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
FN:Xavier Name
N:Name;Xavier;;;
TEL;TYPE=CELL:061-xxx-xxx
PRODID:-//dmfs.org//mimedir.vcard//EN
REV:2013-04-27T07:17:06+00:00
UID:11aeed08-e1a7-4490-a1d0-74c2be9e27d4
END:VCARD

I don't see anything wrong, just a name and a phone number. I have to reboot the phone if I want to access the contacts application again.

After reboot, I find 45 contacts imported but there's another bug : composed name are trunked. For example, this contact :

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
TEL;TYPE=CELL:063-xxx-xxx
N:Name;Jean;Marie;;
FN:Jean Marie Name
PRODID:-//dmfs.org//mimedir.vcard//EN
REV:2013-04-27T07:16:53+00:00
UID:e55b088d-3d60-4aad-af53-0daafbbb89c1
END:VCARD

is displayed Jean Name

If I import the same vcf on Android or in a mail client like Outlook, all my records are good.

Christian.

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 03:33:19 AM »
Battery draining problem: FIXED
With normal usage the phone now lasts approx. one day which is okay but if you'd like to do some navigation this probably won't be enough.
It now depends of your use... with wifi last more than with 3G, make sure that you dont have GPS active (share location), etc. It's hard to make a good measure, this is why we use standby time, because this is similar to everybody.

Marketplace: only the first and last preview image are displayed but not any preview images between if language is set to German in phone settings. Tested in the last fota (post-26 march) and doesnt happens.
This applies only to the fullscreen previews. The thumbs are displayed but you only get a white screen if you tap on them. (but the first and the last one work)
Just tested and is working ok in the "next-to-come" fota

Touchscreen act weid: We cannot reproduce it. If it happens with new fota (post 26-March) post it.
Not the touch screen but the home button: Sometimes if you charge your phone and you press the home button for a second in order to get the "task manager" thing, this doesn't work and the phone just vibrates (interpreted as dozens of short taps in a row)
Just tested, i cannot reproduce it, but if it happens randomly i will take a look. (as i said earlier i tested with the new fota)

Half of the screen turns black: We cannot reproduce it.
This happens e.g. in Loqui IM for the part where the keyboard used to be. It is even visible if you take a screenshot --> this might be an app-specific behaviour/mistake.

adb disconnects when the screen turns off: Its the way that Mozilla thinks it should work. In Android this doesnt happens.
Strange but ok :D

Audio volume controls seems to be recognizing just two levels -> on and off; volume is not changing at all: Tested with Music player, Video Player and some games and is working ok with last fota (post 26-march).
Well the span could be a bit greater (first step starts pretty loud, could be quieter, last step is still pretty quiet, could be much louder <-- is that possible?)
Mozilla choose to be this way. Will see if we can change it

Another thing 1: If you use a pin for the device and you turn the screen off and on again, you just get the normal slider, which is right, because the lock screen should start after a few minutes. If you press the home button while you are on the "slider screen", you get the lock screen. This would be a cool feature (in case you just want to lock your device). But by tapping on "cancel" you can disable the lock screen again :D this behaviour is a bit strange :)

If you search in bugzilla will see that the mix of pin/lockscreen/slider cause many problems in FFOS...  They are updateing almost everyday this code.

Another thing 2: If you change the network connection mode (from mobile data to wifi or the other way round) the apps seem to loose their connections and you have to restart them in order to have a network connection again. Is that a bug or just normal?

Thank you very much for all your effort! :)

Offline CC

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 03:53:04 AM »
* When a wired headset is connected and the device is un deep sleep a sound is played in the speaker: Know bug. Working to fix it.

A solution for the headset bug is very important for me, because I have to take many phone calls while using the keyboard, and it is really annoying to plug/unplug the headset for each call, not to mention having to reboot the phone to get the speaker sound back.

Another thing I noticed, between the incomming call rings, there is this speaker noise too.

And setting the volume of the ring tone in the settings menu always sets the overall volume as if I had set it via the volume switch on the left of the phone (and vice versa).
This should be decoupled.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 04:53:13 AM by CC »

Offline djra

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 04:22:09 AM »

In general, if you change the network connection path (3G -> Wifi or Wifi -> 3G), the network interface is assigned another IP address. If your app opened a TCP connection with a remote entity, TCP, unlike UDP, doesn't like IP address change at all and the connection breaks.

Offline Screwtape

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 04:27:31 AM »
* Half of the screen turns black: We cannot reproduce it.
I have seen a thing where apps sometimes wind up scrolled off the side of the screen. For example, earlier today I switched to the browser, only to find myself looking at the right-hand half of the browser on the left-hand half of the screen, as though I'd somehow scrolled the entire thing off the left-hand-side of the screen. The right-hand half of the screen was just black. I closed the browser (by holding the Home button to activate the switcher, then tapping the little 'X') and restarted it, and then it was fine... but of course it'd forgotten all my open tabs.

If I ever figure out a way to reproduce the issue, I'll let you know.

EDIT: I could zoom and scroll just fine, within the little sliver of browser I could see, I just couldn't drag the entire browser back onto the screen. Also, it occurs to me that maybe this has something to do with rotating the phone; it seems there's a bit of lag between rotating the phone and having the browser or app readjust itself to the new orientation. Sometimes it gets very confused, and renders the portrait orientation stretched to the width of the landscape display, or other such weirdness. Probably not a Geeksphone problem, though.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 04:30:35 AM by Screwtape »

Offline nishkarr

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 06:44:06 AM »

I have experienced this bug with android as well. When I press the power button the phone takes a few seconds to wake up.

Offline andregarzia

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Andre Garzia Consulting
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 03:35:41 PM »
I don't see any FOTA from 26 March... where is it?