Author Topic: GP Revolution GPL, Gaia and Gecko code  (Read 18935 times)

Offline Cwiiis

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
    • ChrisLord.net
Re: GP Revolution GPL, Gaia and Gecko code
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2014, 07:10:10 AM »
Heh, been over 6 months now... Are we still working under the pretence that there'll ever be an update, or that users will be able to build their own image?

Offline Celia0613

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • FUNDA SAMSUNG GALAXY S5
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2014, 08:08:02 PM »
I am not happy with my Revolution phone too and I think Geeksphone should be more open with customers.

Offline soupytwist

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2014, 06:34:51 AM »
Heh, been over 6 months now... Are we still working under the pretence that there'll ever be an update, or that users will be able to build their own image?

GP... Please respond  :-\

Offline derstef

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2014, 06:07:13 AM »
Any News here? You should finally react - not delivering is a violation of GPL and can end on court!

Offline llb4ll

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2014, 01:22:39 AM »
Please give us news, whether we can expect a FF update and/or the possibility to create our own images anytime soon!

I personally am thinking about switching to Mozilla Flame, although I really like my GP Revolution. Not knowing if and when a FF update will be available is a real no-go.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 02:22:57 AM by llb4ll »

Offline Rodrigo (gp)

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 23
    • View Profile

Offline coldnew

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2015, 07:01:26 PM »
As we promised here you can get the code that legaly we need to share. With this code it's not possible to build a full image for Revolution (neither Android or FFOS), so dont ask for it right now. We are working to get some way for you to build your own images, and it will be released when it's ready.

With Gaia and Gecko source code you can change FFOS for Revolution, for more info about how to build it search in MDN (Mozilla Developer Network) webpage.

Gaia: https://github.com/gp-b2g/gp-revolution-gaia
Gecko: https://github.com/gp-b2g/gp-revolution-gecko
GPL sources: http://gpfostemp.s3.amazonaws.com/GP_Revolution_GPL%20Source.zip

PLEASE respect GPL, your Linux Kernel doesn't shipped with Makefile, so the linux kernel is incomplete.

And you SHOULD NOT remove opensource commit log which not belong to geeksphone..

I have push the gp-revolution-kernel to

https://github.com/coldnew-gp-revolution/gp-revolution-kernel

but since it lack of the Makefile, maybe there's some driver missing, which means the kernel IS NOT BUILDABLE

Please correct me if I was wrong . :(

Offline lhunath

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2015, 11:06:33 AM »
If you want to class-action GP, I'm on board.  This blatant disrespect of both the GPL'ed code they're "stealing" and the community of customers that pay them has gone on long enough without any relevant updates.

You can't promise one thing and then ignore the practicalities and legalities of that promise because it's more convenient schedule-wise.  Bloody get it together, GP, I don't care what human resources you have to commit to this, that's YOUR problem.  Get it done.

Offline coldnew

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2015, 02:02:04 AM »
If you want to class-action GP, I'm on board.  This blatant disrespect of both the GPL'ed code they're "stealing" and the community of customers that pay them has gone on long enough without any relevant updates.

You can't promise one thing and then ignore the practicalities and legalities of that promise because it's more convenient schedule-wise.  Bloody get it together, GP, I don't care what human resources you have to commit to this, that's YOUR problem.  Get it done.

I wish I can, but Euorpe is really far from me (I live in Taiwan) :(.

Just wish geeksphone can let me flash my own boot.img is enough actually (else who knows the source code is really work ?)

Currently I have add their missing Makefile from linux kernel 3.4.34, the kernel source has been update to github

https://github.com/coldnew-gp-revolution/gp-revolution-kernel

This kernel code can build with android's toolchain, but since the boot.img is signed, I can not verify it  :-\