Author Topic: [FFOS] FIREFOXER 1.25 for Geeksphone Revolution [FROZEN]  (Read 21095 times)

Offline c.martinez.lozano

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Re:[FFOS] FIREFOXER 0.46 for Geeksphone Revolution
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2014, 05:17:00 AM »
We will do it on FxOS 2.0

Regards.

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2014, 06:36:41 AM »
Good News  :)
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Havin' problems with connecting your GP Revolution with ADB or want to add some features or some improvements? Try my little scripting project "FIREFOXER" and tell me your opinion :-)

--> http://forum.geeksphone.com/index.php?topic=6063.0

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2014, 02:18:12 AM »
It is normal that the "solution" resolv.conf does not work, if no libnss.

I found that when busybox is asking for libnss_dns.so.2 is that it was build with glibc and seems that Revolution is not using glibc but the Bionic Android library.

So i tested the installation of a new busybox, using the "busybox installer" found in fdroid market (https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdfilter=busybox&fdid=stericson.busybox)  (i choose normal install)

and now wget is working.

But there is a drawback : it erases the original busybox provided by geeksphone.

When you will use busybox in terminal, the first time, you must use the complete path /system/xbin/busybox.

But as the installer installs shortcut you can use directly wget without busybox in front.

So if Geeksphone could build busybox with Bionic and include it in the next release, or install it from the apk provided at fdroid (Apache 2 license), it will be great !

I used this busybox for several hours, did not find any problem for the moment.

I have problems downloading the file from your link, it says "application not found" which tells me that it isn't available anymore  :(
Anyway I found a different website to download it --> http://www.android-hilfe.de/attachments/root-custom-roms-modding-fuer-google-nexus-4/255073d1383574169-busybox-installer-zip-twrp-cwm-busybox_install_zip.zip

On this page it says that I have to extract it to /system/xbin --> As a Firefox OS user: Do I also have to extract it there?
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Havin' problems with connecting your GP Revolution with ADB or want to add some features or some improvements? Try my little scripting project "FIREFOXER" and tell me your opinion :-)

Offline ragnarok

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2014, 06:18:16 AM »
Use "adb shell" and type in "echo $PATH"+Enter.  If  "/system/xbin/" is in the $PATH-Section, any script or binary you place there should be accessible globally from there.

You might need "chmod +x" to make it executable and on this "level". It could also be necessary to check if this is an x86-exectuable (Otherwise, often binaries on Androids are compiled for ARM, it will simply not work on the Revolution).

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2014, 12:27:21 PM »
Use "adb shell" and type in "echo $PATH"+Enter.  If  "/system/xbin/" is in the $PATH-Section, any script or binary you place there should be accessible globally from there.

You might need "chmod +x" to make it executable and on this "level". It could also be necessary to check if this is an x86-exectuable (Otherwise, often binaries on Androids are compiled for ARM, it will simply not work on the Revolution).

1. Thank you for this post, but I still have problems to get it work... I unzipped all files (2 folders with several files, also "busybox" file) to /system/xbin

The reason why I did this:
Code: [Select]
root@android:/ # echo $PATH
/sbin:/vendor/bin:/system/sbin:/system/bin:/system/xbin

2. When I want to run the application I get an error message:

root@android:/system/xbin/system/xbin # ./busybox                             
/system/bin/sh: ./busybox: not executable: magic 7F45

Before, I added the following, necessary permissions:

root@android:/system/xbin/system/xbin # chmod 755 busybox                   
root@android:/system/xbin/system/xbin # ls -l
-rwxr-xr-x root     root       976824 2014-05-18 14:04 busybox
----rwxr-x root     root        22364 2014-05-18 14:04 su
root@android:/system/xbin/system/xbin # chmod 755 su                           
root@android:/system/xbin/system/xbin # ls -l
-rwxr-xr-x root     root       976824 2014-05-18 14:04 busybox
-rwxr-xr-x root     root        22364 2014-05-18 14:04 su

What am I doing wrong?  :(
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Offline ragnarok

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2014, 04:53:56 PM »
I think you did nothing wrong. It's most likely just compiled for the wrong processor. If you are running linux on your home PC (currently I don't) you might type "file busybox" in your unzip-folder. This might show more information.

BTW: I would just make sure to never name an "ersatz"-binary like like the original, unless you are really sure it works. If the path with the nonworking binary is accessed before the path to the original you might get stuck with the nonworking version. I don't know how crucial busybox is for android.

EDIT:
This might give a hint to the problem:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-x86/PnF2Splx6kg

EDIT2:
Thanks to the CPU of the revolution you should and can use a binary that was compiled for a "normal" (that is x86/Amd64) Linux PC. I just tried it with:

http://busybox.net/downloads/binaries/latest/busybox-i686

Might be easier to track down a busybox that suits you needs this way, than to find a x86-android version.

EDIT3:
Or you could compile your own version:
danilogiulianelli.blogspot.de/2013/02/how-to-compile-busybox-with-android-ndk.html
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:42:44 PM by ragnarok »

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
Re:[FFOS] FIREFOXER 0.67 for Geeksphone Revolution
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2014, 03:15:44 PM »
Good evening  :)

FIREFOXER 0.67 released!

See all changes in the first post or in the changelogs inside the script  8)

Enjoy & share  ;)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:51:39 PM by Bada3.0 »
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
Re:[FFOS] FIREFOXER 0.79 for Geeksphone Revolution
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2014, 01:49:49 PM »
Good evening  :)

FIREFOXER 0.79 released!

See all changes in the first post or in the changelogs inside the script  8)

Again I want to thank user "mik" from Geeksphone Forum who made this version possible!

Enjoy & share  ;)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:51:54 PM by Bada3.0 »
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2014, 03:23:39 AM »
Hello together,

I want to tell you that scritping work is rather finished (~90%) - Next version will be FIREFOXER 0.91  :)
This version was really hard work for me but it's nearrly complete now  :P
As in every version I also tried here to automate as much as possible - this made it very very complicated^^

At the moment I'm fighting with bugs which have their origin in permissions. I'm testing very much, but unfortunately I have not much time at the moment, so the next release will take a bit of time...

If everything works, this release will give you the possibility to choose between three "popular" alert tones (Of course you can install & use them at the same time  :D ) The scriptwas also restructured and improved in some points.
Enough for now, I won't tell you more details  :-X

Stay surprised!!!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 12:39:42 PM by Bada3.0 »
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2014, 04:02:48 AM »
Hello together,

well it has been a while since the last news for a new version of FIREFOXER  ::)
Of course I did not forget or abandon the project but I enjoyed the sun, the good bavarian beer and the world championship of soccer a way too much  ;) :D

Anyway I really really had problems to make it run, but things going better now. I know it's not a big deal to add a new alert tone by hand to the Revolution (there are manuals in the internet), but it is complicated FOR ME to "port" the whole process in a script and as FIREFOXER's idea is, that also the non-technical users should have the ability to change it, it takes time  ;)

As I just want to release a 100% functional new version of FIREFOXER, I have to do some more testings  :)

I THINK that I will be able to release FIREFOXER 0.91 in July. At the moment there is only ONE new alert tone to choose, BUT I will give you the opportunity to tell me which other alert tones you want to have added. After releasing the new version I will tell you what the preferences are and so on.

So stay interested  :)

Greetings,
Bada3.0 =]
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2014, 02:33:10 PM »
Good evening everybody  :)

Since days I face a problem in my script, but don't know how to solve it. Maybe somebody could help me  ;)

What I want to do: I want to edit a existent file called 'list.json' with an echo command

- file is stored here: /storage/sdcard/FIREFOXER/4_alert/application/shared/resources/media/notifications/
- sdcard is mounted with write permissions ( necessary folders could be created, so there's no problem with mounting)

# Editing 'list.json'
   ./adb shell "
   cd /storage/sdcard/FIREFOXER/4_alert/application/shared/resources/media/notifications/ "
   echo '{
   \"notifier_bell.opus\": \"\",
   \"notifier_dididi.opus\": \"\",
   \"notifier_rewind.ogg\": \"\",
   \"notifier_ting.opus\": \"\",
   \"notifier_bap.opus\": \"\",
   \"notifier_boomer.opus\": \"\",
   \"notifier_exclamation.ogg\": \"\",
   \"notifier_ring.ogg\": \"\",
   \"notifier_bell_extd.opus\": \"\",
   \"notifier_bop.opus\": \"\",
   \"notifier_minimal_bands.ogg\": \"\",
   \"notifier_spring.ogg\": \"\",
   #sound1.ogg\": \"\",
   #sound2.ogg\": \"\",
   #sound3.ogg\": \"\",
   \"dont_choose.ogg\": \"\"
   }' > list.json

when I run this command manually in Revolution's busybox, 'list.json' gets the content I want, when I run it during the script I get the following output (with 'set -x' activated) :

+ cd /storage/sdcard/FIREFOXER/4_alert/application/shared/resources/media/notifications/
cd /storage/sdcard/FIREFOXER/4_alert/application/shared/resources/media/notifications/
+ echo {
   "notifier_bell.opus": "",
   "notifier_dididi.opus": "",
   "notifier_rewind.ogg": "",
   "notifier_ting.opus": "",
   "notifier_bap.opus": "",
   "notifier_boomer.opus": "",
   "notifier_exclamation.ogg": "",
   "notifier_ring.ogg": "",
   "notifier_bell_extd.opus": "",
   "notifier_bop.opus": "",
   "notifier_minimal_bands.ogg": "",
   "notifier_spring.ogg": "",
   #sound1.ogg": "",
   #sound2.ogg": "",
   #sound3.ogg": "",
   "dont_choose.ogg": ""
   }
+ echo

When I go into the file I just see the original content => so firefoxer didn't change the file or it's content, but WHY?  :(
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
Re: [FFOS] FIREFOXER 0.79 for Geeksphone Revolution
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2014, 10:58:28 AM »
Good evening community  :)

After several promises about a new FIREFOXER version I can now tell you I'm finished with testing and bug resolving.
First I wanted to release that version in the beginning of August, but the script was buggy as hell  ::)

For that reason I optimized the script and added a restore function to new feature I've added.

FIREFOXER 0.91 brings you:

Customization: Adding new alert tones to REVOLUTION
First Wave: samsung_galaxy_s2.ogg; piper.ogg; bubbles.ogg   + restore function

More detailed information and new FIREFOXER can be found in the first post of this thread ;)

Unfortunately I could not find any website where I could download the 'samsung whistle' sound as an OGG file  (It has to be a filehoster with a true path to the file, not crypted) :(

Nevertheless, this was the first wave of new sounds  :)

If you have any favourite sounds which should be added to FIREFOXER's future versions then let me know  8)

But...
1. Make sure that the file is OGG or OPUS
2. The link of the file hoster is not crypted.
    Does not work: http://filehoster/HJKjfdklldljajflsdjfka  :(
    Works:            http://droidpirate.com/droidfiles/ringtones/notifications/preview/doubletimepreview.ogg  :)

Let me know if you like FIREFOXER, if there is anything to change, ...  :P

Have a nice evening everybody!

Bada3.0

Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
Re: [FFOS] FIREFOXER 1.02 for Geeksphone Revolution
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2014, 03:03:10 PM »
Good evening community  :)

FIREFOXER 1.02 released!

The new version will fix your GPS. Geeksphone's /etc/gps.conf needed an improvement. In the past, I sometimes had to wait up to 10 minutes until I got a GPS satfix - horrible... :-[

Thanks to Sergi Mansilla: He made the new feature possible  :)

Now you are able to add your home country's NTP servers, which (extremely!) speeds up the search for your current location  ;)

GPS now also works indoors!  8)
IN MY TESTING CASES it just took 5 - 10 seconds (indoors!, but in a room with a window) to get my current location :o
That tells me that the GPS hardware module is very good  :P

Currently all countries in Europe, North-America & South-America are supported. If there is a Geeksphone Revolution owner on a different continent, just let me know and I'll add your continent + country  :)

Hope you enjoy the new update which makes GPS usable!

Greetings,
Bada3.0
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Offline soupytwist

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2014, 06:33:55 AM »
The new version will fix your GPS. Geeksphone's /etc/gps.conf needed an improvement. In the past, I sometimes had to wait up to 10 minutes until I got a GPS satfix - horrible... :-[

Thanks to Sergi Mansilla: He made the new feature possible  :)

Great news!!! Thanks for your continued work on this, Bada, and Sergi as well. You guys rock!  ;D

Could you give more details on what the fix involved?

Offline jorge.alves

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2014, 02:53:04 PM »
I tried to run this latest version and went through a few issues after testing on debian and ubuntu using virtualbox:
  • (debian) didn't work when running as root (tries to look for /home/root)
  • (debian) was giving errors finding adb, and I decided to try ubuntu
  • (ubuntu) still adb errors :(. the downloaded android sdk doesn't seem to have it
  • (ubuntu) "apt-get install android-tools-adb" and changed all occurrences of "./adb" to "adb"
  • (ubuntu) success! even though the device name doesn't match what the script expects
  • (ubuntu) tried to run the gps fix and got stuck because the link to the new busybox wasn't working (database error or something)
  • (windows) looked through the script to execute everything manually and made it, but GPS still takes a long time to lock. I actually had done it before except for the certificate generation
Is there any log I can look into that can give me hints on how to fix it?