Author Topic: Updates stuck at 2015-04-07  (Read 21252 times)

Offline rick110

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Updates stuck at 2015-04-07
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2015, 01:04:29 PM »
Hello helmar,

i am at vacations and can't try your modifications.

i have sent my .vcf-file via E-Mail to myself and was able to import 176 oft 181 contacts using b2g-3.0.

I'll contact bugzilla for the mount-problem.

Regards Rick

Offline TheDiguedindon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2015, 09:06:51 AM »
I'm very interrested in your work but I didn't find the img on your blog...

Offline rick110

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2015, 12:59:18 PM »
Here is my work:

https://adelheidi.de/owncloud/index.php/s/PW4Ury5iv18dZSY

It is a complete folder with all the files you need to flash. I took the flash from gp, because it asks you wether you want to keep userdata or not.

Dont worry about the certificate, the files are hosted on my owncloud. Download will take some time...

Download and use the files for your own risk!

Rick

Offline rick110

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2015, 11:47:30 PM »
@helmar:

Your modification of the vold.origin.fstab works. Thank you very much.

I'll try to inject the new vold.origin.fstab into system.img, after a rebuild with updated git.

Has anyone tried my files? My peak works pretty good with B2G-3.0.

Rick

Offline rick110

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2015, 01:05:58 PM »
Here is some freashmeat:

https://adelheidi.de/owncloud/index.php/s/mxplnkLaNKBLsUs

The modified vold.origin.fstab is included as file.

rick

Offline pochy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2015, 08:24:55 PM »
Anyone that could share your own build but for KEON?  ;D

Offline helmar

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2015, 10:47:33 PM »

@helmar:                                                                                                                                                                             

Your modification of the vold.origin.fstab works. Thank you very much.                                                                                                               

I'll try to inject the new vold.origin.fstab into system.img, after a rebuild with updated git.                                                                                       
...                                                                                                                                                                                   

Hi Rick,                                                                                                                                                                             

I just found out that the phone thinks to have a second external SD card called "fat". After deleting the corresponding line in vold.origin.fstab the second SD card disappeared and now also the contact import form SD card works! So with (only) the following two entries in vold.origin.fstab both storages work normally:                                                     
Code: [Select]

dev_mount emmc   /mnt/emmc   auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host                                                                                                               
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 18   /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host                                                                                                               

Do you know how/if we can get these modifications integrated upstream?                                                                                                               

USB mass storage access doesn't work, with or without the modifications from above (did not try MTP). Two new devices /dev/sd[de] show up on the connected Linux PC, but no partitions on it.                                                                                                                                                                               

Helmar.

Offline rick110

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2015, 01:29:26 PM »
@pochy:

I do not own a KEON, so I can't help because the device is needed once to compile B2G

@helmar:

I think I have found a way to include your vold.origin.fstab:

https://adelheidi.de/owncloud/index.php/s/F37iKUkPXzfi23h

The vold.origin.fstab is included in the tar-ball, but it is not needed. And now the updater is included too.

I have had no time to work on the remaining problems.

Regards

Rick

Offline elnino

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • View Profile
    • elnino.si
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2015, 01:23:05 PM »
Is anyone building builds for Peak and is willing to share them?

Offline rick110

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2015, 11:32:41 PM »
?

Offline Djan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2015, 08:01:45 AM »

@helmar:                                                                                                                                                                             

I just found out that the phone thinks to have a second external SD card called "fat". After deleting the corresponding line in vold.origin.fstab the second SD card disappeared and now also the contact import form SD card works! So with (only) the following two entries in vold.origin.fstab both storages work normally:                                                     

dev_mount emmc   /mnt/emmc   auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host                                                                                                               
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 18   /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host                                                                                                               

Hello, I tried your above modification but I get this with adb:

failed to copy 'vold.fstab1' to '/system/etc/vold.fstab': Read-only file system
Anyone an idea? (I rebooted but no luck)

Offline helmar

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2015, 09:04:45 AM »

Hello, I tried your above modification but I get this with adb:

failed to copy 'vold.fstab1' to '/system/etc/vold.fstab': Read-only file system
Anyone an idea? (I rebooted but no luck)

"adb remount" should help.

Helmar.

Offline robyinno

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • GNU/Linux PowerPC Notebook
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2015, 07:06:37 AM »
Many Thanks!
I will try with Keon, and I will update about.

Compiled and working FirefoxOs 3.0 on my Keon
http://forum.geeksphone.com/index.php?topic=5322.msg66758#msg66758
Gnu/Linux PowerPC notebook
http://powerpc-notebook.org/

To make happen a new powerpc notebook will be produced soon.
http://twitter.com/powerpcnotebook
https://www.facebook.com/powerpcnotebook

Offline Djan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2015, 12:18:36 PM »

"adb remount" should help.

Helmar.

Thanks, it worked. But the vold.fstab didn't work on my 2.2 image...  :(

Offline rick110

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2015, 12:39:55 AM »
Hello Djan,

you can use the following image (3.0-pre):

https://adelheidi.de/owncloud/index.php/s/OC7Z9eONkgEnOsu

helmars vold.origin.fstab is included and works. It's not possible to access the device via USB, the rest works pretty good for me.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Rick