Author Topic: Keon bricked for no apparent reason?  (Read 941 times)

Offline rq

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Keon bricked for no apparent reason?
« on: September 17, 2015, 01:35:24 PM »
Hi!

I have a GP Keon device which Mozilla sent me some time ago. I was never using it a lot, mostly for testing, but sometime this year when I found it among the mess on my table, I discovered that it no longer wanted to turn on!

Obviously, I thought that the battery was drained. However: no matter how long I tried charging it, it was all to no avail. When the phone is not connected to an external power source, it does absolutely nothing if I try to turn it on, and when I have it plugged, it just vibrates shortly every X minutes, but doesn't even attempt to boot.

Unlike some other posters, I don't even get to the GP logo. The only sign of the phone being alive is that short vibration every so often.

Also, unlike for some other posters, my battery looks completely fine. It looks just like new – I don't see any signs of swelling on it.

Oh, and by the way, when I plug it into my computer, Windows sees that device, but doesn't recognise it: all it says is "A request for the USB device descriptor failed."

So, does anybody have a clue as to what could be wrong and how to fix it? While this phone is quite underpowered, I still like it, and I would love to have it working again. Someone suggested that its charging circuit might be dead, but why would that happen while the phone was not even being used? It's not like it has feelings or anything, is it?  ::)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 01:37:08 PM by rq »