Author Topic: Sleepytux (Current: 2.0.0) V2 is out!!!  (Read 35999 times)

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
Re: Sleepytux
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 01:31:48 AM »
I expect to have the time to release something "correct" this afternoon.  :'(

But something "pretested" (i will change the date on my phone a lot of time to control that's all is ok but i will need time to do this).
Perdona me, soy frances y hablo español como una vaca francesa, pero hago esfuerzo para hablar correctamente. :)

Thanks to rmcc for all his work!!!! :)

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 11:37:28 AM »
IT is ok!!!

*** sleepytux 0.5alpha2 released ***

Sleepytux_0_5a2.apk and install it
http://alionet-repository.no-ip.info/sleepytux/

See the first post, it is the same that 0.5a procedure to install it but normally this version should work. (i have tested a lot of thinks and normally it is ok, but this is the first state so if you want to try and confirm? Thanks a lot. :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 11:40:00 AM by Burn2 »
Perdona me, soy frances y hablo español como una vaca francesa, pero hago esfuerzo para hablar correctamente. :)

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 11:54:01 PM »
For the moment, everything work like a charm on my phone. yesterday the phone goes in sleep mode at 9h30PM like it was configurated, and at 6h30 this morning it go to normal mode so in all my test (simulated by changing the time) or let real time do it seems to work normally. :)

If you could confirm that?

Offline Mosquito Fillano

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • ONE: CyanogenMod 7.1  ZERO: GZR 1.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 01:11:54 AM »
I downloaded it yesterday but I had no time to install it.  I'll install it today and test it tonight. Tomorrow morning my first report. Sorry. :-\
  ...porque me gustó la iniciativa de Juan Gómez-Jurado

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 01:17:14 AM »
No problem there is time. ;)

And in fact i will test it on my geeksphone one too to confirm that all works normally. (i only use it on my freerunner to test it for the moment).

But i am nearly sure that all works as it should. (perhaps a doubt on the night on saturday/sunday as it is a new week start)

Offline Mosquito Fillano

• Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 01:36:48 AM »
First report came before I expected   ???

I'm not sure if this is related to sleepytux, but HelixLauncher failed and I had to "force close" it just 30 seconds after I started sleepytux service (with the start button).

I had seen HelixLauncher failing long time ago, so maybe it is not related to sleepytux, but I find strange the time coincidence.

I've programmed Silence to 10:30 am today and worked fine... Then I stopped service, updated default.prof to "wakeup" at 10:35, started service again, and had no problem with HelixLauncher. Phone didn't went to normal mode at 10:35 but at 10:36.

Second report tomorrow.

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 01:53:02 AM »
Thanks for this first report.

I doubt that my program could make something bad with this launcher as it does nothing else to change the level of sound and change nothing else. 
It is a normal application. Perhaps the problem is just when you install new application? (and the launcher could crash on refresh?)
Take me informed for this point.

In fact the stop button does nothing.   That is to say that it stop the service in fact, but my program is optimized so service just only run during the time of apply the mode and set the next alarm (so only less then one second). Then it is stopped, and it is the next alarm that will wake up.
(i should configure it to reset the next alarm that could be useful to stop the program when you do not want to use it for a moment).

The start button permit to erase the next alarm that was planned and take care of the change you have done.

When you are "on time" and launch the program, i think that it is the previous mode that is apply on launch.  (because you are not "after" the hour )
So when you launch it "on time" it set the previous mode (the mode before the time) and set the alarm to the same hour as you are. So it is why it only change the time one minute later when time change. (android check the alarm only when time change so if you change manually the time and go later it will work but the alarm will only run when you go one minute later).

EDIT: i will check to correct the ontime operation it is just a test to add. ;)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 06:06:26 AM by Burn2 »

Offline Mosquito Fillano

• Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2010, 01:58:33 PM »
It seems it works as espected.

If you change the microSD then it does nothing. I'll be off until Monday.

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2010, 02:08:02 AM »
Thanks for your report. :)

EDIT:
It's normal for the sd, when it launch it read the file in the sd (just read) to find the next alarm and to apply the current alarm.

I will release a 0.5b that will permit to stop the program with out removing sd or other things, and to correct the alarm when "on time". :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 12:06:21 AM by Burn2 »

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 11:14:27 AM »
*** Sleepytux 0.5b ***

* Correct the alarm when "on time"
* You could stop the service by clicing on "stop" (it will remove the next alarm so nothing will be done until the next reboot or the next start clic)

http://alionet-repository.no-ip.info/sleepytux/Sleepytux_0_5b.apk

You could validate everything. I expect that they will be no regression.

For the sdcard i know that it is a problem, the next solution will be to save the file somewhere on the inside rom and not on the sdcard. (the service need to read the file so no solution on sdcard if you remove it and do not put it on before it launch for the moment).

Offline Mosquito Fillano

• Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2010, 08:08:23 AM »
If any of the two configuration files doesn't exist, a java exception occurs.
I don't understand why there are two configuration files.
With phone in silence, I started sleepytux service at the hour to go to normal mode, and it started to fail again and again...

There is a cut of logcat file:
Code: [Select]
W/ActivityManager(  981): setProcessForeground called on unknown pid: 18554

W/NotificationService(  981): Object died trying to show notification android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@43c8e3e0 in package com.Burn2.Spleepytux

W/NotificationService(  981): Object died trying to show notification android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@43c8be90 in package com.Burn2.Spleepytux

W/NotificationService(  981): Object died trying to show notification android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@43e6eb78 in package com.Burn2.Spleepytux

W/NotificationService(  981): Object died trying to show notification android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@43c807f0 in package com.Burn2.Spleepytux

W/NotificationService(  981): Object died trying to show notification android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@43c67880 in package com.Burn2.Spleepytux

W/NotificationService(  981): Object died trying to show notification android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@43e441d0 in package com.Burn2.Spleepytux

W/NotificationService(  981): Object died trying to show notification android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@43d5eb28 in package com.Burn2.Spleepytux

W/NotificationService(  981): Object died trying to show notification android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@43c331d0 in package com.Burn2.Spleepytux

W/NotificationService(  981): Object died trying to show notification android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@43d65410 in package com.Burn2.Spleepytux

W/NotificationService(  981): Object died trying to show notification android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@43da03f0 in package com.Burn2.Spleepytux

W/NotificationService(  981): Object died trying to show notification android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@43bebc98 in package com.Burn2.Spleepytux

W/NotificationService(  981): Object died trying to show notification android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@43d84e30 in package com.Burn2.Spleepytux

W/NotificationService(  981): Object died trying to show notification android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@43bbb7d8 in package com.Burn2.Spleepytux

W/NotificationService(  981): Object died trying to show notification android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@43b9a320 in package com.Burn2.Spleepytux

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2010, 08:15:04 AM »
In fact there is two file because:
*The options.opt is the file that permit to choose one of the profile. (the activated profile in fact!)
and this file will contain other globals option such has what to do if there is a phone call and that we should put the phone in airplane mode.
*default.prof is an exemple of a profile. They could be a lot of different profile but only one activated.

Do you understand more?

For the java exception it is normal, i print the problem on the screen, so if i try to read a file that does not exist it made a java exceptions...  ;D (try and catch methode and in catch i print the problem)

For the problem i will try to reproduce it and find a way to stop it. on the version 0.5a i have got it one time so it's an old problem, i should take a look to understand why it'still continue to planify the date on time and not the next...
(in fact this is what happen, the service start and plan an alarm for the current hour, and the service is woken an has you are already on time it still do the same a lot of time again and again...)

I will try to test more the on time periode to see what i could do.

Thank you for your report.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 08:19:07 AM by Burn2 »

Offline Mosquito Fillano

• Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2010, 09:01:08 AM »
Ah. OK. I understand. I find that having several profiles is a good idea.

On the other hand, having files in sdcard is enough in this development stage, but I suggest /data/data/com.Burn2.Spleepytux/ to store them when you finish the graphic interface.

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2010, 09:34:50 AM »
Yes that will be what i will done!  ;D

Just to reproduce the problem, so if you got the twice file. You put the time on the time where the activity hour start and then you clic on start and you have got problem is it this?

EDIT: ok i could reproduce it. so i will take a look to see what happen.

In fact i do not understand why my test of thow time does not work. :( for the code we are not "on time" but before, i do not understand how it could happen has i test if we are on time. :/
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:49:09 AM by Burn2 »

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2010, 10:35:40 AM »
*** Sleepytux 0.5b2 ***

* Should correct this "on time" !!!

http://alionet-repository.no-ip.info/sleepytux/Sleepytux_0_5b2.apk

Normaly the problem is solved i have made my function for comparing the twice time, and normally it works! Fu***** java comparaison. :D