Author Topic: Sleepytux (Current: 2.0.0) V2 is out!!!  (Read 35998 times)

Offline Mosquito Fillano

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • ONE: CyanogenMod 7.1  ZERO: GZR 1.6
    • View Profile
Re: Sleepytux
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2010, 01:55:58 AM »
It seems now it works well.

I've done a silly test. I've put the hour to go to normal later than the hour to go to sleep, then started service -> phone went to sleep -> at time to go to normal it became asleep and a "service started" message appeared.

It seems not a big problem, even, it seems normal. And I suppose it will be controlled by the graphic interface in 0.6.
  ...porque me gustó la iniciativa de Juan Gómez-Jurado

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2010, 02:08:27 AM »
Yes in fact the sleep time should not be < of the activity time. :D

All my application is done on this concept. :D
The first hour should be < of the second. I did not try what it does when you do that lol, but i think that all what it will done will be "port' nawac". :D

Thank you so much for all test.

So this version could be a stable release of 0.5 if nobody confirm other problems.

THen i will work on the 0.6 version witch will implement the airfly mode.

And then i will work on the 1.0V with the grapical interface.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 02:13:06 AM by Burn2 »
Perdona me, soy frances y hablo español como una vaca francesa, pero hago esfuerzo para hablar correctamente. :)

Thanks to rmcc for all his work!!!! :)

Offline Mosquito Fillano

• Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 01:17:54 AM »
Today after sleepytux "wake up time", I saw that the battery was hot and and quickly draining, then looked with Advanced Task Manager. I don't think that sleepytux was the cause, but there were 2 instances of sleepytux running. I think it is not normal, I believe that there should be only 1 instance running, don't you?

I killed several applications (including one of the spleepytux instances) and battery returned to a normal temperature. So, as 1 instance continues running, I don't think sleepytux is the cause. I report this just because the 2 instances.

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2010, 01:24:11 AM »
Hum they should be only one instance of sleepytux in fact yes, normally the os could not permit to launch twice the same application so...  :o

I am waiting my book to learn how to do a correct interface so for this part you should wait, but, i will try this week to release a V0.6 with:
* Moving data from sd card to the rom.
* Airplane mode and parameters
* Add a button to create the default profile and the default option file (in order to remove the part of downloading from my server rename etc witch is not really frendly...)

So in fact to configure you will just need to make  an adb pull and then adb push witch will be faster i think.

For the service, i will try to test the passage of "new week" perhaps the problem is located there.  But in fact the problem should be present yesterday and not tomorrow (as the week start on sunday for android).

Thank's for you repport.
Perdona me, soy frances y hablo español como una vaca francesa, pero hago esfuerzo para hablar correctamente. :)

Offline Mosquito Fillano

• Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2010, 01:45:49 AM »
I rebooted the terminal today in the morning, while it was still in "sleep time" (near "wake up" time), so I don't think this is related to the "new week".

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2010, 01:51:05 AM »
Hum, i wonder how this could happen...

So you reboot your phone (normally sleepytux should start automatically) and you have got twice sleepytux running?  ???

Could you describe exactly what you have done, if you were "on time" when you reboot, if you have clicked on "start" on the program and other things? (does the phone were off before a time or not? etc)

Offline Mosquito Fillano

• Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2010, 02:31:27 AM »
I don't know exactly what I did :P I was not in testing mode  ::)

I'll try to remember...
  • Battery was at 40%
  • Approximately at 6:57 I switched off the terminal, changed SIM, and switched on again ("wake up time" is 7:00). I saw the phone was in Silence. I didn't start manually sleepytux.
  • Battery was still at 40%
  • Approx at 7:30 I used  AirplaneModeTimer to put the phone in flight mode for 2 hours. I saw the phone was in "normal mode"
  • I started "Zebra Paint" and gave the phone to my daughter.
  • Approx at 7:45 I recovered the phone ad put it (blocked) in my pocket.
  • Approx at 8:15 I looked the phone for something that now I don't remember, and saw battery was at 35% and hot.
  • I was at may car, so I plugged it to the USB car charger.
  • Approx at 8:50 I stopped the car and went work. Battery was hot but charge was at 70%
  • Approx at 9:05 I had time to look at the phone, I used Advanced Task Manager to kill applications an saw 2 sleepytux running, I killed 1. Battery was at 63%
  • Approx at 10:15 I saw battery at 63%, and normal temperature and I wrote the message

I think that's all. Now battery is at 62%

Do you want a logcat?

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2010, 02:33:32 AM »
Why not. I wonder how it could happen as normally you could not launch twice a program/service.

Thanks for your repport. :)

As you use my application do you like it? What should be improve? (just to have repport etc).
What should be added (on the concept)?

Offline Mosquito Fillano

• Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2010, 06:35:23 AM »
Here you are the logcat. I removed messages from RIL and K9, to reduce. I can't see anything related to sleepytux. It seems to begin after this morning's issues.

About the application, I like to have a way to control flight mode periods, so may be it could have some feature similar to AirplaneModeTimer, in order to allow a profile, and to allow to program a period on the fly. If you decide to implement something similar, then you should include a setting to control what to do if a manually programmed "sleep" period finish after general "sleep time" (Continue in flight mode or go to normal?)

If after finishing the application you get bored, you could put several times daily and, instead of simple states (normal / silence / flight mode) schedule complex states in which the user could program several things simultaneously, such as:

- at 07:00 normal + WIFI
- at 08:30 WIFI off + Bluetooth on + GPS on
- at 09:00 GPS off + Bluetooth off + WIFI on
- at 13:00 WIFI off
- at 15:00 WIFI on
- at 18:00 WIFI off + Bluetooth on + GPS on
- at 18:30 GPS off + Bluetooth off
- at 23:00 flight mode

I don't know if it is possible to change also the 2G/3G status, but if possible it would be good to include it.

But this I think it would be for a hypothetical version 2, for version 1, your initial idea is enough, perhaps the issue of scheduling short periods "on the fly" would be fine in a version 1.1.

Hope you like the ideas

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2010, 06:50:53 AM »
Nothing about my program in fact. But i should see if something appear normally in logcat.  ;D

For your idea, i think that it could be good. (There are goods ideas, and as my V2 should implement profile with more options and profile that could be define on two days etc, more various possibility then this one so added configuration of wifi/gps etc should not be a problem).
I will take a look of this for the next version. After the V1 that should be ok and correct before doing that. :D

But i will think about it, because, i do not want to make a "gaz factory" program :D

Or i should maintain twice version: one simple and clear that just permit to put sleep time and activity time (the one that i am working on) and one other that could permit to do a lot of things.

But don t forget that more you do, more you use battery... 

So for the moment the way is finished this version with no bugs, graphical interface.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 06:52:37 AM by Burn2 »

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2010, 06:58:31 AM »
And then in fact, thank you very much for your interest on my program. You are always here to test/answer and i thank you for that! :)

Offline Mosquito Fillano

• Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2010, 07:13:24 AM »
It is fun  8)

When do you plan to release the version with flight mode?

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2010, 07:20:36 AM »
This week normally, the faster then i can.
(but that depend on the time that i will have for free time, of if i am tired)

If all is ok it could be done tonight as i know normally how to do it, but i will say for wednesday night if all goes ok. (if not it will be saturday)

Just one question, do you think more logical that the parameters of going to airplane even if:
There is data transaction
The phone is ringing
There is a phone call

should be global of the application, or should be particular and configured on the profile?

(be cause i will add the possibility to wait during a phone call and not put it on fly mode when there is one, idem when the phone is ringing, and idem if there is data transaction but i wonder if it should be global or particular to the profile)

Do you see other things that i should test before going to airfly mode?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 07:25:11 AM by Burn2 »

Offline Mosquito Fillano

• Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2010, 07:31:17 AM »
As I don't know if it would be better as global or particular for each profile, I will say you the same that my customers say to me when I do this kind of questions  ::)

Put it as global and as particular  ;D

I mean:
- If global setting is selected, then do what global setting says
- If global setting is unselected, then do what particular setting says

In the graphic interface, if global setting is selected, then put in grey the particular settings, and the user will not be allowed to change it.

I think that it is safer if default behaviour is to wait in each case.

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2010, 07:49:41 AM »
So i will put it on profile and checked by default. :D (i think that it is the more logical as on some profile it is possible to want to turn of and not on other)

I doubt that people will uncheck it except for the "datas" part...

But the problem will be for the data part. For a phone call the state is "phoning" during all the call so no problem i could check every 10s and wait until the end.
But for the data, the state is only "IN/OUT/both/IDLE" So i will wait the "idle" state, but when you surf, you are in idle state until you charge an other page, so you will be cut even if i check the state. ???

Perhaps i should put a "time out" but it 's not easy to think something correct...
And even if i put time out, i could not "monitor" all the time during a long period as if i do that i will waste a lot of cpu...
if i check every 5s to se if there is data's transaction,  even if i wait 4 "top" so 20S in theory in reality it could be: data's then idle then data
and on all my top it could be idle whereas in fact on the duration it is transaction...

What do you thing about it?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 07:51:58 AM by Burn2 »