Author Topic: Screen Protector  (Read 4488 times)

Offline elastic

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Screen Protector
« on: April 11, 2011, 03:28:14 AM »
Hi,
I think it would be a good idea to use a screen protector for the Zero's display (or ist gorilla glass?) - Exxim (www.nexave.com) would make a prototype if they get the screen-size and recesses  - I'll test it on my device (when I'll get it ;-) ) and so they could produce more - its a great protector I'm using it for years on different devices ...

Offline Rodrigo (gp)

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 23
    • View Profile
Re: Screen Protector
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 04:47:32 AM »
Hi,
I think it would be a good idea to use a screen protector for the Zero's display (or ist gorilla glass?) - Exxim (www.nexave.com) would make a prototype if they get the screen-size and recesses  - I'll test it on my device (when I'll get it ;-) ) and so they could produce more - its a great protector I'm using it for years on different devices ...

Thanks Elastic, good idea...... ;)

Offline pixiebob

• Thank You
  • freedom is awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 07:10:08 AM »
rodriguo: do you think if it's possible and if you plan to launch new battery with higher capacity like 1500 mah?

Offline elastic

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 07:58:11 AM »
Thanks Elastic, good idea...... ;)

so could you send me the screen-size and recesses - or better a stencil?

Offline Rodrigo (gp)

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 11:24:13 AM »
rodriguo: do you think if it's possible and if you plan to launch new battery with higher capacity like 1500 mah?

Hello Pixiebob, for the ZERO it's really difficult.

The problem is that battery price would be most expensive than ZERO...... ;)

Offline pixiebob

• Thank You
  • freedom is awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 12:50:27 PM »
rodriguo: ok,  i think that autonomy will be same or  better than my samsung spica(normal usage 1 days or 1.5 days)

Offline WerN1211

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 08:57:28 AM »
Hi,

Any news on the screen protector ?  I consider buying one.
Which other device's protector would fit the Zero best ?

(I guess it is NO gorilla glass, is it?)

Offline dobrov78

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 12:13:56 AM »
As i get a galaxy S, my girlfriend cut one screen protector to fit the size of the zero.
It's quiet pretty and easy: use a scalpel or a very good knife to cut it after placing it...

Offline gattacat

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 01:55:48 AM »
Hi,
A friend gave me a spare screen protector for the iPhone (brand "SGP Case"). I cut it to fit my Zero, and here's how I did it:

- Photocopied the phone (place it over photocopier glass, put a white page over it, close lid, normal settings, photocopy. Contrast is more than enough)
- Placed screen protector over photocopy, looking for the best fit (it had a round opening, wich I managed to fit as Zero's speaker opening. Proximity detector and light detector work through sheet, no need to cut openings)
- Fix the corners of the protector to the photocopy with tape (find tape that you can remove without damaging the paper, as you will have to correct its position)
- Cut protector and paper togeter with a pair of scissors (I found it difficult to make rounded curves with a X-acto knife, but you can try), avoiding the taped corners.
- Tape cut sides, then do corners
- Place over phone, eyeball and do small adjustments with scissors. Tip: be patient, and conservative. Try many times, small cuts, again and again.
- Remove protective sheets, check final fit sticking it to the screen

Tips:
- I discovered that you can actually wash (yes, with water and soap) the protector and it will retain all its stickiness. So if you have problems (dust, fingerprints) you can take it off, wash it and start over.

- It is better to be conservative when cutting, but I recommend cutting the protector a bit smaller (1/2 mm)  than the screen. It is much easier to fit it and barely noticeable.

- Be patient. Try many times, small cuts.

Now, if I don't point it out, nobody knows that my Zero has a screen protector.

Regards,
g.

Offline WerN1211

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 06:49:49 AM »
Thanks for your advices.  I must admit that I did hope a not so "Handy Manny" solution.   ;)

I will first try to find something that fits the screen.  I do not really care about scratching the surface outside of the screen (i.e. buttons, sensors, etc).

Plan B will be the massive acquisition of iPhone/Galaxy S screen protectors which I will try to work out without fuckin up too often, just as explained above : slowly, cautiously ... with a LOT OF PATIENCE  >:( >:( >:(

:D