Author Topic: Phone freezes, any help on solving this issue?  (Read 2087 times)

Offline datti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Phone freezes, any help on solving this issue?
« on: November 30, 2011, 08:16:51 AM »
Hi,

Yesterday I updated some applications from the market on my GP One running CM 7.1 stable. I received a message that space might be getting low, so  I decided to move some of my applications to my SD Card. Which worked find. But after an hour (maybe two), the phone stopped responding, the only way I could reboot it was to remove the battery.

I could reboot the phone, but after 1-2 minutes, it freezes up again, no matter what I do (or don't do). I can only guess that one of the apps I moved got corrupted, or that there are startup processes that stop responding, resulting in the freezing of the phone.

Is there a way to find out what causes the freeze? And a possible way to fix it?

Of course, I did not backup my data before this manipulation, so flashing it again would result in losing the data. But then again, I don't mind trying everything else, even if it takes some time. I might learn a thing or two while doing so ;)

Thanks in advance!

Offline EowynCarter

• Thank You
    • View Profile

Offline datti

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: Phone freezes, any help on solving this issue?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 06:37:10 AM »
Thank you, I will give it a try. I managed to get the phone working after I removed the SD-Card. So I was able to backup my important data to a second SD-Card. And now I will use aLogcat to locate the app and/or setting that is causing the freeze.