Author Topic: Why we delete the 1.1 image link for Keon.  (Read 1627 times)

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 64
    • View Profile
Why we delete the 1.1 image link for Keon.
« on: July 18, 2013, 11:34:35 PM »
As you probably know, yesterday we share a 1.1 image for Keon, that now is not available. We publish the availability of this image in Facebook and Twitter and now people is asking where is this image and when will be available again.

Please, let me explain why we delete this image...

When i post the link a Mozilla developer get in contact with me because he was working in a bug (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=887701) that fix a problem with the lose of sms messages when you do a update. This patch was going to be applyed to the code some hours after we release the image, so the image didnt have this patch and we think that it's an important fix, so we delete the post, the link and the image file, so no one can use it.

As we have some more time, also add the possibility of maintain your userdata when flashing this image (already in flash.sh script, tomorrow in flash_mac.sh script), because mozilla supports it in images from 1.0.1 to 1.1.

I hope this explains why you need to wait a day to get a fully working 1.1 image.

The post with the download link will be up in some minutes... and with a surprise...