Author Topic: Release Costs and Shop  (Read 3775 times)

Offline BlackScorp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Release Costs and Shop
« on: January 22, 2013, 04:41:35 AM »
Hello Guys,

just saw it that Keon will use Firefox OS and i wanted to know, when it will release, how much will it costs and will it be avaliable on Amazon?

regards

Offline luigk

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: Release Costs and Shop
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 04:55:05 AM »
Hey,

No costs so far...

Release dates...it seems that the developers version will be launched within few weeks. The commercial one will be launched first in Brazil starting in April (Q2, Androtalk dixit).

Offline BlackScorp

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 11:57:13 PM »
and who is able to get the developers version?

Offline corchua

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 01:33:02 AM »
Hi!
You probably find this a very stupid question but, what does "developers version" means?
I'm interested in this phone, but I'd like to know if it works with android and google apps, like wassapp, googlemaps and all that stuff...
I'm sorry if my questions look stupid, but I haven't found any information of that!

Offline ^CJ^

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 02:00:57 AM »
what does "developers version" means?

It probably means that so far, they only have a limited number of phones on which Firefox OS might still be running buggy so they will only distribute them to programmers who are interested in working on the phone's software in order to get the phone ready for the market. "Normal" users will have to wait for the market release in a couple of months.

Offline luigk

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 02:21:11 AM »
Yes, there is not much info on the website...

I have understood that the devices will be available through the online shop for everybody who wants to try it. I dont really know if it will be worldwide shipment or not, but the point is that the devices will come with the very first version of FFOS, so "developers version/preview" means that it will not come with a huge amount of apps (i guess, no whatsapp, no apps without a web version) and it will be pointed to those who wants to develop these apps based in html5 and try them in a real phone.

Btw, as far as i have understood, the device will probably come with an Android ROM (Android version ICS) ready to be installed on it.

We'll need to wait for more info...
Sorry for my english, just trying to help!
Cheers!

Offline BlackScorp

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 04:30:10 AM »
well thx for the infos.. hope iam able to buy it in Germany and hope it is not too expensive, since its just a developer version with less apps and view bugs

Offline tetris4

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • MyGNULinux
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 06:25:40 AM »
Btw, as far as i have understood, the device will probably come with an Android ROM (Android version ICS) ready to be installed on it.
Can you please share any link where you read this? From what I understand these devices are centred around FirefoxOS.

Offline luigk

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 06:41:44 AM »
Hey, of course!!! If u understand spanish of course!! (if you dont i will try to help...)

http://forum.geeksphone.com/index.php?topic=4220.msg55087#msg55087

c.martinez.lozano said:
"En cuanto a tener Android... sabéis que existiran los medios para tenerlo, pero nuestro desarrollo está enfocado a FFOS. De primeras, os puedo asegurar que una vez pase la tormenta, una versión ICS 100% estable tendréis, y luego se comenzara con el desarrollo de JB."

For the non-spanish speakers (not exact translation)
"About Android...you know that you will have the way to get it in your device, but we are focused in FFOS. First of all, i can assure that once the storm pass, an Android ICS version 100% stable will be available, and after that we will start the development of the JB version"

I hope it helps!
Cheers

Offline maykel535

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 03:58:00 AM »
When we can buy this phone with firefoxOS?? I like buy this phone for testing developer....

Any help??

Thanks in advanced. Sorry for my english.