Author Topic: Picture quality  (Read 1294 times)

Offline stach

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Picture quality
« on: December 08, 2014, 05:57:55 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am considering buying a Geeksphone Revolution, and have a question concerning the picture quality. I don't have important requirements, I would just like to be able to take correct pictures in every day's life. I read somewhere that the picture quality is not great, but I haven't found pictures taken with the GP Revolution on the internet to judge. Could you please comment on that point ? That would be also great if someone could upload a few pictures taken with this device.

Regards,

Offline soupytwist

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: Picture quality
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 08:35:41 AM »
Hi,

I have been using the Revolution with B2G since it was released in February-- the picture quality is OK. I can upload some shots later if you like. Unfortunately, the quality in low light is poor; pictures become very grainy and the color gets distorted. In daylight photos look pretty good; autofocus works well and the resolution is good.

I'll upload some pictures later this evening, unless someone else does first...  ;)

Offline soupytwist

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 08:36:59 PM »
I'll upload some pictures later this evening, unless someone else does first...  ;)

As promised...  ;)  enjoy some random photos.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mcc5myfsdhz6rtk/AACBjE01uZ8QY2EczYZEzQ5Na?dl=0

Offline stach

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 03:17:23 AM »
Thank you very much soupytwist for this nice overview  :). That is the picture quality I expected from this device - not great, but enough, and it seems to vary the way you explained.
Thanks again :)