Author Topic: Phone unusable /!\ GAPPS Services has stopped  (Read 975 times)

Offline ValentinPearce

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
    • ForgetfulMuffin
Phone unusable /!\ GAPPS Services has stopped
« on: July 27, 2016, 08:26:56 AM »
Hello everyone,

I currently cannot decide if I am sad or angry. I recently had a few problems with my geeksphone, I had installed to many things and it was just plainly slow. (CM11 latest unstable which had been stable on my phone for over a year)

Uninstalling and restarting and wiping cache seamed not to be enough so I decided to wipe it to factory defaults. Since that didn't help, I decided to install Android 4.2 (OTA). But the UI wasn't nice at all compared to what I was now used to with CM. So I reinstalled CM through adb this this time. I had already done it and it worked a marvel. Of course, no GAPPS, so I install those (staying on the stable cm11 image).

And then I got the error message. I can tell you having to close 5 or more pop-ups in less than a minute is annoying.

I have tried updating, have tried all OSes but the problem is I need Whatsapp to keep in touch with family while I'm abroad so no FFOS, and GAPPS now crashes on both distros.

I tried installing openGapps over adb but of course i get an error while installing.

Offline ValentinPearce

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • ForgetfulMuffin
Re: Phone unusable /!\ GAPPS Services has stopped
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 11:29:30 AM »
Oh. And it won't reboot until I take out the battery for a few minutes and clear cache when rebooting ...

Offline PeterWolf

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: Phone unusable /!\ GAPPS Services has stopped
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 03:24:23 AM »
Hello,

I have the same problem for 2 months, Gapps crashes, impossible to update some of my installed apps...
I started by deleting Google Play updates, and it worked but after several minutes/hours, the same thing appeared.
Then I went back to CM4.2, but same problem again. So back to CM4.4 via "install ZIP from internal SD" option and update with latest unstable daily build. Again same problem after a short time.

Now I regularly delete dalvik-cache with ES explorer in root mode (delete everithing into /data/dalvik-cache/), then stop the phone, restart in recovery mode, delete partition cache and restart.

Now it nearly works fine...
Hope it will help you
regards