Author Topic: ZERO speaker volume is not very loud and not very easy to adjust  (Read 3361 times)

Offline marantz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
On my zero experience, not only sound is not very loud even at maximum setting, but also the volume control is not enough "linear". I means that when settled at maximum it is barely acceptable (not very loud), but even a single notch below it simply "half down" on power. All other positions are just useless because equally barely udible.

Can volume output map depending on "volume bar position" be adjusted tweaking on some arcane parameters ?

The maximum volume should be at least double than that, end should be linear distributed across other volume positions, so keeping it half way should be comfortable, and also small volume bar adjustment should provide small volume increment.

Sorry for my long explanation, i hope (despite my weak English) you have catch the point.

Offline marantz

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: ZERO speaker volume is not very loud and not very easy to adjust
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 12:18:49 AM »
Anyone knows if volume levels are customizable  ?

Offline tetris4

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • MyGNULinux
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 01:50:34 PM »
I am interested in this one too =)

I received my Zero phew days ago and made similar observations.

Offline upuaut

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 04:19:18 AM »
Quite the opposite here. With CyanogenMod, the volume is painful at maximum, and still quite loud on the lower settings.

Offline tetris4

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • MyGNULinux
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 12:56:48 PM »
heh..I will take this as good news :)

Offline marantz

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 09:41:08 AM »
I'm using cyanogenmod too, but volume is pretty loud only on latest two slider notches, below that it jumps on the "too much silent zone", and all other 10 notches are almost unuseful. It's not so much "linear" with power adjusting, can you confirm this ? I would like the latest nothc to be MORE powerful, but also power levels better distributed on all the range from minimum to maximum. Chinaphones have usually a "loudspeaker power table" where you can map from 1 to 15 the output signal strenght. I'm pretty sure android have a similar too, but could not found anything suitable so far.