Author Topic: KEON latest images  (Read 17743 times)

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 64
    • View Profile
Re: KEON latest images
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 12:22:58 AM »
Is there any forecasted date for Firefox OS 1.2 to be available for Keon through update process (without flashing) ?

No

Offline MimisRe

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 06:53:58 AM »
Luis i know that this the 100th time that someones ask you about the 1.1 OTA of keon, but i feel there some things unclear about the reason why so much time to update our awsome phones.

My main question is what are the problems that delay the OTA update? There are bugs? If yes, then why mozilla released it as stable version and why zte updated their phones after 3 days with the 1.1 version?

You may have a page such as the download images page where you describe the status of the next release with some few comments. With this way there will not be sparse related discussions in the forum but only a single page.

All the best,
Mimis

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 07:37:24 AM »
The next lines must not be taked as regrets, just explains what's the situation.

- We are a little company with limited resources. If someone knows how many people is working in ZTE with FirefoxOS i would like to know. You will get a real surprise of the difference.
- We work daily to keep the fotas working, fixing build problems, and several other maintenance tasks (the boring part :()
- Some days, when the work above is less, we have some time to work in stable images. Some weeks this happens two or three days and some weeks none :(
- We have 2 devices and we cant work at the same time in the two devices :(
- We dont want a stable image with bugs, so we need to do a full test of all of the features in the image, so we need again more time.

So with all of this we do as best as we can (not a regret again)...

Zte released a 1.1 version that is a daily build of mozilla's code. If you see the day of this update and download our image for keon of this day you will get the same FirefoxOS code. With the bugs of this day, of course... Like we did with peak we will take a image and test the bugs, once detected we will fix them and make a stable image. This image will be released and installed by OTA to all 1.0.1 keons. We dont want to release a stable with problems and update it again and again. For this we have daily fotas of 1.1.

About the web with status... sorry, but this will only add more work to our really limited time, so this will not happen.

Once explained, i can give you some clues... our estimates are that next week you will get a stable image of 1.1 for keon. But now dont start to ask which day  ::)

Offline jbruggeman

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Re:KEON latest images
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 04:25:03 AM »
Hey,

Could we get an updated version of this: http://forum.geeksphone.com/index.php?topic=5332.0 ?

It's not really clear for me which version "Latest Nightly" tracks. Is it still 1.3? Is already 1.4?

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 04:25:32 AM »
Latest 1.4 is in downloads.geeksphone.com

Offline Flaburgan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2014, 05:45:28 AM »
I just flashed my Keon with this new image, it worked fine, thank you, bu I have to point that in information, the version indicated is 1.5.0.0-prerelease, so it looks like it's not the corresponding version :p

Offline alm

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2014, 11:15:53 PM »
OTA 1.1, and flash 1.4! the gap is far too large!
You explained you are a small company, and you worked to have stable images, but what difference about stability between OTA and flash version ?

Offline Flaburgan

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 07:13:47 AM »
@alm the keon and the peak are phones for developers. We need to test our apps on every version of Firefox OS (even if they are not stable) to be sure that the app runs correctly. That's one of many reason geeksphone provides non-stable images.

But they are late currently, for mozilla, 1.2 amd 1.3 are already released as stable version. 1.3 is pretty new, but I don't know why the 1.2 image is still not presented as the lastest stable for the keon and the peak.

Offline stereo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 07:49:53 AM »
hi, a question for users of 1.4 on the keon. does it work well? is gps working again?

mcepl

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2014, 02:33:20 PM »
You explained you are a small company, ...

You are missing the translation from the official speak to plain English … the translation is “You gave us your money, so why should we care about you anymore?” Geeksphone is not the only one who doesn’t konw its customers once they get the money; did you try to get some support from Samsung lately?

Offline Flaburgan

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2014, 12:32:56 AM »
@Stereo, as said, the 1.4 link on downloads.geeksphone.com contained the 1.5 branch when I flashed it. 1.5 (will be 2.0 in fact) is nightly, so it was mostly broken, don't flash it.

On this topic someone proposed a personalized build based on 1.4 where the GPS and the Horizontal screen work, but this is not an official build.

Offline autra

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2014, 10:59:29 AM »
Hi !

Is there a chance to have a new 1.4 builds soon ? The last one is from may 12th...

Thanks a lot.

Offline Nils Holgersson

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2014, 12:32:01 AM »
Yes, this would really be great. It's now a month ago the Latest v1.4 was updated.

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2014, 02:04:32 AM »
Yes, this would really be great. It's now a month ago the Latest v1.4 was updated.

Check for updates

Offline Nils Holgersson

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2014, 03:45:23 AM »
 :)
Thanks!