Author Topic: Firefox Bugs  (Read 30126 times)

Offline soupytwist

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Firefox Bugs
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2014, 08:17:17 AM »
Jesus, Luis-- How is the progress with bringing Firefox OS 2.x to Revolution?

Please share the details of your hard work with us!  :)

Offline 766k

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2014, 07:39:16 AM »
Any news on the "No SIM inserted" bug? When wireless access is on everything is fast and stable. Without wireless and only phone-network normal calling and SMS work also great. Just browsing for a couple of minuts or checking emails causes the network failior and "No SIM inserted" problem.

Does anyone know if this will be addressed in FirefoxOS 1.4?

cheers!!

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2014, 12:09:02 AM »
Any news on the "No SIM inserted" bug? When wireless access is on everything is fast and stable. Without wireless and only phone-network normal calling and SMS work also great. Just browsing for a couple of minuts or checking emails causes the network failior and "No SIM inserted" problem.

Does anyone know if this will be addressed in FirefoxOS 1.4?

cheers!!

The "No SIM Card inserted" bug shoud be fixed. Does it show up the whole time? If yes then please run my script FIREFOXER: it has a workaround for this issue!  :)
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Havin' problems with connecting your GP Revolution with ADB or want to add some features or some improvements? Try my little scripting project "FIREFOXER" and tell me your opinion :-)

--> http://forum.geeksphone.com/index.php?topic=6063.0

Offline 766k

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2014, 06:56:44 AM »

The "No SIM Card inserted" bug shoud be fixed. Does it show up the whole time? If yes then please run my script FIREFOXER: it has a workaround for this issue!  :)

Hi, no it's not all the time. I can give calls, write SMS and do some browsing or email checking. But at certain point, which I think is related to "how much data" I download the network ist lost and the "No SIM inserted" shows up. When I reboot the network and SIM card are found again. I recently found out that if I activate Airplane-mode and then deactivate it, the SIM card and network get detected again. On rare occations this does not help and I really need to reboot.

Offline rjadot

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Hôdo
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2014, 09:41:36 AM »
@776k Just think about removing the sim code protection before so that you're sure the fix correctly works, or it may get even worse (but still fixable :p )

Offline nblumoe

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2015, 12:42:33 PM »
I am experiencing a very crucial bug:

Sometime the phone goes into airplane mode silently, at least a notification show up that it is in airplane mode. However I did not active that mode myself and also the corresponding button in the settings menu does not indicate this.
The bad thing now is, that I cannot receive calls then! So randomly this happens and people cannot call me, very bad for a phone! ;)

Is this known, has it been reported before and can I do something about it? Or is my phone maybe broken?

Offline Astro

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2015, 01:07:26 AM »
Hey guys, I've come across a bug with the alarm in firefoxos2.0. I have an alarm set for 6.30am and it repeats every weekday. Whenever my phone crashes, the alarm goes off an hour earlier. I've found that by turning the alarm off and on again after my phone crashes that the alarm will go off at the correct time the next day. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a known fix and/or cause?

Offline jambo

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2015, 09:19:35 AM »
For me, firefox os is just a huge bug.. On homescreen it wont show any apps, cant see text in settings or everywhere etc etc.. Wth should i do with this, worked great for couple hours.

Offline Benny

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2015, 11:08:54 AM »
@jambo: you could try a factory reset, but if you reset your phone you will lose all your personal data (e.g. contacts) stored in the internal phone memory!
(the sd card won't get touched)

How to Factory reset:
  • switch off your phone
  • press and hold the power button and the volume down button until your phone starts booting (for some phones it is the volume up button)
  • after the splash screen you should see the bootloader menu
  • press volume down to move the selection to "recovery", then press the power button once
  • you'll get another boot screen and should see a little different menu afterwards
  • press volume down until "wipe data/factory reset" is selected, then press the power button
  • now you need to press volume down until "yes" is selected and press the power button another time
After this procedure you're phone should worke fine again!

Tell me have you been playing with the developer options?
I also managed to break the homescreen a while ago, I think the developer option "app suspending" (which is off by default) caused this problem on my phone!
Many people would like to see FirefoxOS 2.2 on GP Revolution, but sadly GP won't deliver it, so it's up to US to update FirefoxOS. Do you have programming knowledge and would like to help us? Check this thread or PM me!