Author Topic: Firefox Bugs  (Read 29245 times)

Offline CC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Re:Firefox Bugs
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2014, 03:52:13 AM »

* When a wired headset is connected and the device is un deep sleep a sound is played in the speaker: This is now 2 bugs:
  - When in deep sleep the audio out is speaker by default (Fixed in 7-April fota)
  - When in deep sleep and using headphone there is a static noise in headphones. (If you connect a usb cable the noise dissaperars)

Ah, that's good news :)
But, will the "second" bug be fixed too (now or later)?
Because, if I leave the headphone connected the whole day and it plays this static noise all the time, battery may be draining fast.
Workaround would be to connect a very short USB cable or small dongle, just for the sake of disappearing the noise.

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2014, 04:54:16 AM »

- Camera improvement sounds very very good  :) Is "ZOOMING" supported now?

I think that zooming is not supported by FFOS right now.

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2014, 04:57:56 AM »

* When a wired headset is connected and the device is un deep sleep a sound is played in the speaker: This is now 2 bugs:
  - When in deep sleep the audio out is speaker by default (Fixed in 7-April fota)
  - When in deep sleep and using headphone there is a static noise in headphones. (If you connect a usb cable the noise dissaperars)

Ah, that's good news :)
But, will the "second" bug be fixed too (now or later)?
Because, if I leave the headphone connected the whole day and it plays this static noise all the time, battery may be draining fast.
Workaround would be to connect a very short USB cable or small dongle, just for the sake of disappearing the noise.

We are working in fixing the second one too, but is possible that is not fixed in next fota :(.

Offline xinouch

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2014, 05:25:41 AM »

when you see how bad it is implemented in android... seriously, you must have magic bionic fingers to make it work smoothly.
I always take my photos without zoom, and I sometimes zoom afterwards on my computer

Offline soupytwist

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2014, 08:10:09 AM »

For anyone interested, it is targeted for 1.4.  ;)

Offline revelon

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2014, 12:42:28 AM »
well, one more known bug is missing in this thread, and it would be great to know the status, it is about device orientation, so apps like http://sandbox.juurlink.org/accelerometer/ or https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/submarine-assault-1?src=search aren't working...

and lately what happenst to me is, that games like Red Run, Zombies Cant Jump or Mars Lander are updating every day, week in a row, and this is strange, I simply do not believe them to be changing so often...

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2014, 11:36:12 AM »
and lately what happenst to me is, that games like Red Run, Zombies Cant Jump or Mars Lander are updating every day, week in a row, and this is strange, I simply do not believe them to be changing so often...

I made the same experience with "wikipedia app" and "Veggies Vs Cupcakes"

I got for both apps updates:
For wikipedia 2 times in one week & for Veggies Vs Cupcakes 3 times in 10 days

wikipedia app has changelog option, so I could see a change in release notes (3.2.0 --> 3.2.1 --> 3.2.7)
so there's nothing unusual about with that app - wikipedia app developers are fast  :D 8)

for veggies vs cupcakes I'm not sure if everything is alright - I can't see any release notes and no new (visible) features.
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Havin' problems with connecting your GP Revolution with ADB or want to add some features or some improvements? Try my little scripting project "FIREFOXER" and tell me your opinion :-)

--> http://forum.geeksphone.com/index.php?topic=6063.0

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2014, 04:12:24 AM »
I think Luis is uploading the new FOTA right now ....    ;)

EDIT: OK, I was wrong.

Hey Luis, can you tell us when you will release the FOTA today?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 07:15:06 AM by Bada3.0 »
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Havin' problems with connecting your GP Revolution with ADB or want to add some features or some improvements? Try my little scripting project "FIREFOXER" and tell me your opinion :-)

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2014, 08:55:53 AM »

Uploading right now. The changelog is a little different that expected, the costcontrol widget bug is only fixed partialy it only works in some cases. We continue working on it. Soon will reveive a update.

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2014, 11:16:46 AM »

Uploading right now. The changelog is a little different that expected, the costcontrol widget bug is only fixed partialy it only works in some cases. We continue working on it. Soon will reveive a update.

did that fota solve anyone 's SIM Card problem? For me there is no improvement  :'(
still the same problem... Or do I have to reset the whole phone?
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Offline revelon

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2014, 11:42:25 AM »
Well, some fixes are there and working, thank you for them guys, but of course we all want more ;-) More specifically for me:

- sound volume controls work better now, although it starts on too loud volume IMHO; it is working for built-in apps like Music or Video, but differently for other apps
- yes, Usage works only partially now; widget/SIM error is there, but both WIFI and 3G data usage is measured (I'm not attempting reset yet)
- device orientation is not working properly not only in some games, but in reference demos like https://github.com/robnyman/Firefox-OS-Boilerplate-App as well - so IMO mayority of apps is not woking, but some do work (like https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/professor-plums-fruit-squas?src=search ), so it is probably some minor but irritatting bug
- I do hope PowerVR chip blackscreen backport will land soon (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=950050), more and more canvas / WebGL based apps are landing on marketplace and web in general, which are not usable on Revolution at all  :-[
- disappearing icons on 3+ rows layout is confusing and not pleasant at all, fix for this is becoming more pressing for me...

+ as a bonus, immediately after FOTA update I've go update of 18! apps at once. Again. So it is happening to me again and again... am I really the only one? Could reset help me somehow?

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 10:56:08 PM by revelon »

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2014, 12:23:38 AM »
For people that really want CostControl working and is not using SIM security (PIN).  Be carefull, you can break your modem editing this file...

adb shell
busybox vi /etc/rril/repository.txt
search for a line related with flightmode and is = 1
change 1 to 0
save and reboot

If you dont use pin the cost control app works now, if you use pin your sim is not detected, so change back this value to 1.

I get it working in some other sims without pin and no changing this value, but this way allways work. We are working to fix it.

Offline Wad

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2014, 02:39:32 AM »
FOTA update went well but my data is still not working whereas it was working in France.
I'm with Yes Optus and APN settings disappear each time I go through the settings menu :(
I was hoping that the FOTA would fix it but sadly no.

I hope I don't have to reset my phone.

Offline CC

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2014, 03:42:44 AM »
Some days ago I updated the Mozilla certificate store to incorporate the CAcert.org CA.
(http://www.pending.io/add-cacert-root-certificate-to-firefox-os/)
Worked flawless.
Strange thing though, after the reboot via script, at least after the last reboot - I had to rerun the procedure for another certificate and didn't check in between -, after reboot the message about the missing SIM card was replaced by a message asking to activate the usage/cost control.
Following configuration and activation this message was replaced by a bar meant to show the usage.
Made me happy, albeit nothing was displayed.
But.
Next day I had to reboot manually, because of this headset problem if I remember correctly, and the original "missing SIM" message was displayed again ...

And what got all this to do with flight mode and SIM security pin?
Wonderland.  :D

I didn't install the new FOTA yet.

Offline Friedemann

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2014, 02:04:26 AM »
I found out one more bug that was not mentioned so far. It seems to me that the vibration notification for e-mail (i am not quite sure wether the same is tru for SMS) does not come up as soon as the message comes in, but when you wake the phone from sleep mode.

So for example: Phone is in sleep mode, message comes in, if the phone is not on mute it plays a sound but no vibration. You activate the phone then comes the vibration. This would not be too big a problem. But when the phone is mute, the only notification you get is the vibration as soon as you activate the phone. And I usually have my phone on mute...

Did anyone else observe that?