Author Topic: Sleepytux (Current: 2.0.0) V2 is out!!!  (Read 35742 times)

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
Sleepytux (Current: 2.0.0) V2 is out!!!
« on: June 01, 2010, 07:37:01 AM »
*** Sleepytux 2.0.0 ***

How to test?
Clic on the create default file on the interface, it will create a default profile and options
Download:
Sleepytux2.apk and install it
http://alionet-repository.no-ip.info/sleepytux/2_0

Or here:

How to start it?
Normally the service will start on reboot automatically, or you could just clic on start on the graphical interface.

Thanks for all the return of information.

Original post:
Hello, i just wanted to present my project. :)

Sleepytux will be an application that will permit to configure period where you want the phone to be in a particular mode (Silence mode, vibrate, airplane mode) with profile and one période by day.

What is for??? I use the phone for awaking me all the morning. And i found it really bad to have to think to put it in sleep or airplane mode all the day. (as we could not turn it off...).

So that's why i am working on an application that will do it for us!

How it will work?
Just configure a profile (The period when you want the phone to be in normal mode with a start time, and a stop time, configure the mode activity and sleep, this for all the days of the week). Activate it, and miss the application...

You go on holliday? Just activate the holliday profile that you have made and the sleep period will change.

It will made a lot of time for me to realize it as i am not really good on java (particularly for the graphical interface, but i will work on it and i am learning this part ) but for the service, it could be ready for this week i think if everything goes normally. (that'is to say that normally for the end of the week if you make manually the configuration file the application will work but you will not be able to configure the profile in a graphical mode and could not change the activate profile in a graphical mode).

What do you think about this project?

:) (if it is not useful for you it will be for me :D)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 12:08:37 PM by Burn2 »
Perdona me, soy frances y hablo español como una vaca francesa, pero hago esfuerzo para hablar correctamente. :)

Thanks to rmcc for all his work!!!! :)

Offline Mosquito Fillano

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • ONE: CyanogenMod 7.1  ZERO: GZR 1.6
    • View Profile
Re: Sleepytux
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 08:45:31 AM »
I will be glad to test it.
  ...porque me gustó la iniciativa de Juan Gómez-Jurado

Offline firebird_ysc

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 09:34:38 AM »
I think it is a good idea. I think it could be very useful. I'm also a volunteer for helping you to test and develop it ;)

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 10:09:42 AM »
Thanks :) I will work faster then i could. And will try to found the motivation to do something correct. :D

So now fist state: works on the service and terminate it.
Perdona me, soy frances y hablo español como una vaca francesa, pero hago esfuerzo para hablar correctamente. :)

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 02:52:03 PM »
In fact, i am faster that i was thinking....

I am near to be in the "test" phase for the service. ;)

I have tested just a little (launch and it apply the mod that should be on this time so this part works, and it has configured the alarm so this part work but i will test all before release this part) and will put it on test on my freerunner to see if all work as in theory...

EDIT: hum it seems that something is wrong on my application of my alorithm, i will take a look to see what is the problem later. :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 03:05:11 PM by Burn2 »

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 12:20:35 PM »
Everything is normally ok for the service. I am doing my first test perdiod on the freerunner to see if all is ok.

So the 0.50a is on test. :)

Offline firebird_ysc

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 12:31:05 PM »
If you want me to test it publish it ;)

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 12:35:49 PM »
Just two minutes and i test if the sleep mode work. If it works i will give you a link to test the alpha version of the 0.5.

What is plan:

0.5 just include the service mode, no graphical interface to configure it. (it is not really difficult to configure the file ;))

0.6 just add the airplane mode. Because i do not include in this version. Why? because, i should add a parameters to configure if we should force the airplane mode even if there is a data use or a phone call on this moment.
So i will need to implement test, and wait procedure to bascule.

V1.0 first all in version. But a simple.

V2.0 Normally a lot of things should be modified in it. (data base to store profile, profile that could be on two days etc)

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 12:40:23 PM »
Hum i have found a problem with the time zone. :/

(that is to say that if you are on GMT+1 and set an alarm to 21h30 it will work when you pass 21h30 UTC so 22h30 of your hour.  ??? )

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 01:20:50 PM »
*** Sleepytux 0.5 alpha ***

Here is the first release of this program.
Do not forget that it is an alpha stage, so be carefull, normally it is impossible to have problem but...

What should work:
* Apply the mode that should be on this time for first launch
* Program the next alarm to change the mode (so there is no activity between two date in fact the program will only use battery twice a day to start the activity and to start the sleep mode).
* Apply mode for activity or sleep time (one mode per period)

What is not implemented yet:
* Graphical interface
* Airplane mode.

What to test:
* Does it launch on the rmcc mode or other? (i have only tested the original on emulator and original 1.5 android rom on my freerunner
* Test that if you turn on your phone the service start automatically and apply the current mode (for exemple now it shoud apply the sleep mode if you use my default profile with silence mode)
*Test that all the mode are correctly apply all the day (check particulary on sunday because it is a new week that start...)

How to test?
Create a directory on your sdcard named sleepytux. (at the root of your sdcard)

Download
m_options.opt and put it on the sleepytux directory created before

Download
default.prof and put it on the sleepytux directory created before

Download:
Sleepytux_0_5a.apk and install it
http://alionet-repository.no-ip.info/sleepytux/

EDIT: i have updated the profile to be in english ;) sorry for this inconvenient

Another point The webbrowser of android will rename the file on .txt (for default.prof for exemple) don t forget to rename it on default.prof or to change the name on m_options.opt.

How to start it?
Normally the service will start on reboot automatically, or you could just clic on start on the graphical interface.

How to configure it?
m_options.opt contain the name of the file of the profile

default.prof (or name that you want) must contain:
Code: [Select]
Mode activity (0/1/2/3)
Mode sleep (0/1/2/3)
** //Sunday
Hour of activity
minute activity
Hour of sleep
minute of sleep
** //Monday
Hour of activity
minute activity
Hour of sleep
minute of sleep
You should do it for the seven day
You could configure the hour and minute for all the day
You could choose the mode:
0=Airplane mode normally but for the moment it does exactly the same things as 1
1=silence mode
2=vibrate mode
3=normal mode

If you want to deactivate it, just uninstall it or remove the name of the profile in m_options.opt and after the last alarm programmed it will never launch again.

Is it totally clear??? :)

Thanks for all the return of information.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 02:06:06 PM by Burn2 »

Offline Mosquito Fillano

• Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 01:55:25 PM »
Downloaded. I'll test it tomorrow. I assume that lines starting by ** are comments, so it doesn't matter if they are written in French, English or Spanish... (Dimanche = Sunday = Domingo)

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 01:59:43 PM »
Downloaded. I'll test it tomorrow. I assume that lines starting by ** are comments, so it doesn't matter if they are written in French, English or Spanish... (Dimanche = Sunday = Domingo)
It's not comment in fact.

You should respect this order. and exactly this number of line.

I will modified this to permit comment if you want but for the moment it is not ready.
the lines where you see ** are not read, that is to say that you could put nothing if you want, or just monday or what you want. But the line should exist. I just do not read it on my process, but if you put twice, it will be a problem! i have putted ** day to be more easier to delimit the days

EDIT: i have updated the profile to be in english ;) sorry for this inconvenient

Another point The webbrowser of android will rename the file on .txt (for default.prof for exemple) don t forget to rename it on default.prof or to change the name on m_options.opt.

;)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 02:05:21 PM by Burn2 »

Offline Mosquito Fillano

• Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 02:20:45 PM »
Well, the lines starting by ** must be in its place, but it doesn't matter what is written after the "** " don't you?

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 11:52:14 PM »
Well, the lines starting by ** must be in its place, but it doesn't matter what is written after the "** " don't you?
Yes that's right.

In fact, do not waste your time to try this version, it is totally bugged.... The modification that i have made for the GMT has add a lot of regressions....

So do not waste your time to test it, i will try to make a better release this afternoon or sometime today if i have enouth time.

(i have tested this morning on my phone, and it just only apply silence mode, and the alarm is set twice day after and nether for the stop part, so there is a big problem related of the calendar that i use... so i will try to correct it)

Offline Mosquito Fillano

• Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 12:19:40 AM »
OK, I'll wait.