Author Topic: Battery short life.  (Read 2432 times)

Offline manutalcual

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Battery short life.
« on: November 30, 2011, 01:57:14 PM »
I'm a little bit frustrated about the short battery life of my new Zero. It stands on my table (at job) almost the whole day (from 9:00 am) without doing anything with it (two phone calls, no wifi, no bluetooth) and at 22:00 h. battery at 20% seems too low.
Is this normal? (It is my first Android phone)
If this is nomal, can I purchase another battery that lasts a couple of hours more?

Thank you.

Offline rune

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: Battery short life.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 02:22:29 PM »
Hi manutalcual

The battery life depends greatly on what the phone is doing, and my phone can run for a few days doing nothing.  Some apps may run in the background, and drain the battery; check the apps that you have installed.  Also, I've noticed that just having wifi enabled will use quite a bit of power, even if it is not actually used.

People generally say that the new Dosis rom (0.2) is better at conserving power, and it fixes a bug that the phone sometimes would not charge.  I recommend this rom.

I don't think that you can get any other batteries.  Geeksphone sells spare batteries, but they appear to be identical to the original.

Offline manutalcual

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 11:03:43 PM »
Thenk you very much for the reply.
I'll disable the wifi for the moment. As a side note, it has not charged this night. Bad, bad. I'm just thinking about changing it for a Samsung Galaxy.

Again, thank you.

Offline ^CJ^

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 02:19:24 AM »
My Zero also doesn't charge if I just plug it in. The best way to be sure it charges is to plug it in and then reboot. My battery life has become really short since I am using MS exchange pushmail. I had to downgrade to 2G so that it will last the whole day but it seems to be normal if you want to use that function.

Offline tazguy00

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 07:19:30 AM »
As manutalcual explained, that it has been corrected in some ROMs like Dosis Rom.

You can donwload from here http://forum.geeksphone.com/index.php?topic=3106.0

In a few days there will be a new version of this ROM, with a new name "Community ROM". If you install it, the Battery drain will get much more better.

if you have any problem to install it ask here. However there are some post there with instruction in english

Offline rune

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 07:34:57 AM »
Unfortunately, for me the problem of not always charging reappeared when I upgraded to Dosis Rom 0.2.1.  Older versions like 2.3.7-4 worked just fine.  I'll try the community rom version as soon as it is made available.