Author Topic: After a week of no word, geeksphone cancels my order!!!!  (Read 4997 times)

Offline KSmithInNY

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
After a week of no word, geeksphone cancels my order!!!!
« on: April 29, 2013, 01:19:11 PM »
Thus far I've been supportive of geeksphone giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are just overwhelmed and phones will be shipping soon.  But now, after a week of waiting without word, I receive an email from geeksphone saying they are cancelling my order because people in the USA weren't supposed to be allowed to select the COD option.  Here's the kicker I DIDNT WANT COD!!!  Geeksphone payment gateway was screwed up.  I tried 2 visas and 2 mastercards, all 4 from separate issuers, and all 4 gave me some generic error when trying to process.  Selecting COD was a last resort.

I received an email saying they'll need to cancel my order, no alternative payment options (paypal???) and within 60 seconds I received the official order cancellation email.  The laughable part was they suggested I wait until the store reopens and try ordering again.  Why, after this, would i reorder anything? 

Hi mr. Smith,

I’ve just looked up your order and I have bad news, due to a bug in our database you selected the payment method “Cash on delivery with fee” when you shouldn’t, USA is not on our list of accepted countries with this method. I’m sorry but I have to cancel you order, we’ll receive more phones this week, stay tuned and try buying a phone again using credit card.

Thank you very much,

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 03:42:48 PM by DukeVante »

Offline Pillows

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: After a week of no word, geeksphone cancels my order!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 02:01:52 PM »
Well that's a shame because that would've been the method I would've used after my debit card didn't work.

Offline Javier (gp)

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 02:56:25 PM »
Dear KSmith,

We are extremely sorry about what has happenned.

It must be a mistake, as CoD is allowed in the USA indeed.

I am contacting the support agent, and we will be offering you a discount if you consider retaking your order again (shipped tomorrow)

Kindly,

Javier Agüera

Offline KSmithInNY

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 03:33:13 PM »
@Javier

Yes, I'd still like to receive my Peak although a discount is not necessary.  I really appreciate the offer, but all i want is my new phone.  Although, I'll gladly take you up on your offer of getting the phone out the door tomorrow.  Thank you for taking the time to get this situated.  My order reference number prior to being cancelled was KAKODUNCL and it was order #914. 

If you need any additional details or information please feel free to contact me through PM or through email, whichever is easier.  Thanks again!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 03:35:28 PM by KSmithInNY »

Offline nikbil

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 10:04:48 PM »
I am contacting the support agent, and we will be offering you a discount if you consider retaking your order again (shipped tomorrow)

Dear Javier,

A few people here, like myself, we're wondering whether you are shipping the phones in large batches every few days, or more frequently in smaller batches every day or many a day.

In other words, I ordered my Peak on day 1 (April 23) and my order is #533. When should I expect it to be shipped? Until Friday perhaps? Please don't give me "in a few days."

Thanks.

Offline casear

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 12:57:50 AM »
I ordered my Peak on day 1 (April 23) at first hour.
Then they lost my order , I needed to keep sending email to them make sure my payment was correct.
They found my order finally, but I ordered number became #1358 and order day change from 04/23/2013 to 04/26/2013.
Don't know when I can get my phone . sigh.

Offline Javier (gp)

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 07:44:02 AM »
We ship devices in a daily basis.

Please don't refer to order # as it's not indicative of the time the order was activated. We process orders in strict time of payment.

Today UPS is upgrading their shipping system and we will be able to ship a much larger order.

Offline nasroby

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 07:45:54 AM »
OK, so when wil the cash on delivery will be shipped ???

Offline sw

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 08:55:35 AM »
Hmm. I bought (and paid) in the first hour but the system didn't record my order. Then GP staff created another order and I got payment confirmation 3 days later... Hope shipping is in order of actual payment :)

Offline jarco

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 10:58:55 PM »
I also selected COD (in Belgium). After a few days I got an email it was not allowed in Belgium. So I asked for a way to pay for the phone by master card, but my phone was already sold to someone else apparently.

I don't really mind. But It would be nice if people who had this happen (it's not our fault, we selected an option the shop provided somehow got an option to order a phone in advance that they came in stock again. I am currently refreshing the store every hour. :)

But still, Good work geeksphone. I assume this attention was a but unexpected :)

Offline Sebastian

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 12:15:07 AM »
Please don't refer to order # as it's not indicative of the time the order was activated. We process orders in strict time of payment.
Dear Javier,
I have #62 and cod, does hat mean because of cod i will never get an phone, because i did not pay? Please note your shop forced me to use cod, it was not my first, second or third choice...
Kind regards
Sebastian

Offline ~R~

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 02:00:51 AM »
I ordered in the first minutes when the shop has opened, but my credit card (American Express) was not accepted.
So I ordered a second time with "Cash on delivery". (For this i got the order number 158.)

Normaly I thought that I will be one of the first persons who get shipped his Peak, because with "Cash on delivery" Geeksphone can ship it at once.

In the last days I wrote two e-mails.
The answer needs a few days, but because they have a lot of mails, so I can understand it.
The first answer was that the order hasn’t been shipped yet, but they will ship as soon as possible.
The second answer on 29.04.2013 was "We expect your order to be shipped between today and tomorrow."
Today the status is still "Preparation in progress". And no tracking number until now.

But now I understand.

You will wait until you get my money. Than you will ship it.

And I wait for delivery, that I can pay.

:o

Offline Javier (gp)

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 02:19:58 AM »
Hi!

When I meant by shipping in strict order of payment is that orders are processed by the shopping engine in different ways, and the order # is not indicative. CoDs will not be the last to be sent, they are registered immediately as "paid".

UPS is refusing to take CoDs to some countries (outside Europe mainly), USA included. This is not what we had in our agreement but we will have to deal with it. People that ordered ia CoD and order cannot be shipped by CoD have their devices reserved. An agent will contact you and process your order via regular Bank Transfer.

We are sorry for the inconveniences!

Offline KSmithInNY

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 04:15:06 AM »
@Javier,

You might want to instruct those agents to also issue a new invoice when contacting CoD customers.  The original invoice contained an $11 charge for CoD and since they are no longer receiving CoD, the charge shouldn't be applicable.  Unfortunately I didn't have this luxury so when i wired the funds it contained the $11 fee.

@Everyone who is about to wire funds

Do your research first.  I used my bank as that seemed the common sense route but unfortunately my bank charges a $35 fee for international money transfers.  This brought my total expense for the phone to $275  :o

After I had already wired the funds and paid the fee's a friend suggested I should have used Western Union so i went on their website ... would have only been an $8 fee to wire the funds using them.

Hope that helps.

Offline Javier (gp)

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 07:21:19 AM »
Another option is to be notified when store reopens, but that's a bit less convenient normally.

And of course, you can omit the CoD surcharge, it's actually a charge that goes to UPS not us.

If you need a new invoice, just let us know!