Author Topic: We launch the REVOLUTION  (Read 138294 times)

Offline jartometienen

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • View Profile
Re: We launch the REVOLUTION
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2013, 03:30:53 AM »

+1
a word from the CEO could help :)

about the informations, there is the tumblr roadmap. Hope it will be fill soon.

Rodrigo is the other Geeksphone's co-founder. He is answering some questions in this thread.

Offline xinouch

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2013, 03:38:14 AM »
my bad, I haven't studied the geeksphone's organization chart  :-[

@wad: I've sent a mail to get some more informations and I didn't receive any answers neither. we have to wait I think.

Offline chrisphl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • View Profile
    • chpohl.de
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2013, 03:55:05 AM »
He is answering some questions in this thread.
Oops, did I miss something? Could you please point me to his posting(s) where he does answer any of the questions about the hardware specs of the GP Revolution?
kind regards
Christian

http://chpohl.de

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2013, 04:01:43 AM »
He is answering some questions in this thread.
Oops, did I miss something? Could you please point me to his posting(s) where he does answer any of the questions about the hardware specs of the GP Revolution?

chrisphl, I think that the Geeksphone Team divides its members to different parts of the forum. As you can see (by the posts) luis.cuervo gives answers in this thread.
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Havin' problems with connecting your GP Revolution with ADB or want to add some features or some improvements? Try my little scripting project "FIREFOXER" and tell me your opinion :-)

--> http://forum.geeksphone.com/index.php?topic=6063.0

Offline chrisphl

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • chpohl.de
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2013, 04:13:29 AM »
OK, I mean _any_ GP member, not just Rodrigo. The point is, you wouldn't find such posting anyway. :-(
kind regards
Christian

http://chpohl.de

Offline Rodrigo (gp)

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2013, 04:22:18 AM »
Few thinks:

The idea isn't a dual boot. Is Android or FFOS.

We are serving now thousands of request about orders.

We will have annoucement 2 times per week about Revolution.

The request for Revolution are crazy, but of course Peak+ preorder have priority.... ;)

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2013, 05:00:30 AM »
Few thinks:

The idea isn't a dual boot. Is Android or FFOS.

We are serving now thousands of request about orders.

We will have annoucement 2 times per week about Revolution.

The request for Revolution are crazy, but of course Peak+ preorder have priority.... ;)

2 times per week sounds good  :D thanks for the statement, Rodrigo
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Havin' problems with connecting your GP Revolution with ADB or want to add some features or some improvements? Try my little scripting project "FIREFOXER" and tell me your opinion :-)

--> http://forum.geeksphone.com/index.php?topic=6063.0

Offline Rodrigo (gp)

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2013, 05:15:31 AM »

Offline xinouch

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2013, 05:28:44 AM »
this tumblr is so ugly :D (sorry, I know it has been created quickly ^^)

well... ones of the most interesting informations for now could be:
  • *when* you expect to deliver this phone, even if it is to early to say (and after the episode of the peak+ blah blah blah), but an estimated date is always good
  • *when* do we have to give you our choice (option 1, 2, 3)

depending on that, I'll be able to make my choice... actually, I can't.

Offline KaiRo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2013, 05:57:05 AM »
I'm personally pretty much surprised that GP is offering a "Firefox OS" device on a chipset that Mozilla has not talked anywhere about supporting, and also without telling if GP will get the branding rights to even call it "Firefox OS" (which seems to have been a problem for the Peak+ already).
Also, I'm very disappointed that all this means that my Peak will not be as well-supported into the future as GP said not too long ago (as the information was that the same images for the Peak+ would work with the Peak). Unfortunately, I have placed too much trust in GP and just advertised the Peak+ on an event this week. I learned now that I shouldn't have done that and will refrain from ever advertising GP again for the time being.

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2013, 06:13:57 AM »
I'm personally pretty much surprised that GP is offering a "Firefox OS" device on a chipset that Mozilla has not talked anywhere about supporting, and also without telling if GP will get the branding rights to even call it "Firefox OS" (which seems to have been a problem for the Peak+ already).

About the branding, as you can see in the update here http://gigaom.com/2013/11/28/want-android-and-firefox-os-in-one-phone-geeksphone-has-something-lined-up-for-you/ GP try to correct it, but seems that when a story is written no one is interested in update it :(

Also, I'm very disappointed that all this means that my Peak will not be as well-supported into the future as GP said not too long ago (as the information was that the same images for the Peak+ would work with the Peak). Unfortunately, I have placed too much trust in GP and just advertised the Peak+ on an event this week. I learned now that I shouldn't have done that and will refrain from ever advertising GP again for the time being.

Why the Peak will not be as well-supported as now? Updates will continue, stable images will be there, what let you think that this will change? As much as i know the birth of Revolution is not the death of Peak and Keon.

Offline ivanBasel

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2013, 06:17:10 AM »
New post: http://geeksphone.tumblr.com/

4.7” HD display (1920 x 1080) very high resolution. This is great  :) It looks also a curved display...
What about the 4G support?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:19:28 AM by ivanBasel »

Offline takashio

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2013, 08:38:16 AM »
For reference, Peek+ users that canceled their preorder are politely being said they need to wait for Revolution to be available until they can buy it - not the answer I wanted, but it's fair.

It was an interesting couple of weeks, but since GP does not want me involved, I'll (hopefully) be back later on. Again, all the best for the new project :)

Offline Javier (gp)

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
Re:We launch the REVOLUTION
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2013, 05:27:14 AM »

Kairo, I'm Javier Agüera, one of Geeksphone co-founders.

I'm very sad to read your message, althogh I understand your view. Some comments:

- We contribute to Firefox OS / B2G project as it is Open Source. We will supply the patches and improvements we develope as we have done in the past (some of them allow FFOS to run on devies such as the ZTE Open)

- Firefox OS vs B2G is just a branding issue. Once the procedures are available, we will follow them to get certified. This certification does not mean our devices comply with our own QA and quality standards which are meant to be equal or higher.

- Peak will be supported in the future. Geeksphone is the only company in the world that has supported a device (the One) from Android 1.5 to Android 2.3. It's in our core values.

Best regards & thanks for sharing your feedback

Offline Wad

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Re:We launch the REVOLUTION
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2013, 07:13:01 AM »
- We contribute to Firefox OS / B2G project as it is Open Source. We will supply the patches and improvements we develope as we have done in the past (some of them allow FFOS to run on devies such as the ZTE Open)

- Firefox OS vs B2G is just a branding issue. Once the procedures are available, we will follow them to get certified. This certification does not mean our devices comply with our own QA and quality standards which are meant to be equal or higher.

- Peak will be supported in the future. Geeksphone is the only company in the world that has supported a device (the One) from Android 1.5 to Android 2.3. It's in our core values.

Best regards & thanks for sharing your feedback

It's cool and reassuring to read this message, in particular for the long term support of Firefox OS on Geeksphones.
The branding issue is just curious from Mozilla's part (but I think I don't know enough about the subject).
Thanks for the information.

[HS]It's weird, I get the forum UI in Spanish now  ??? [/HS]