Author Topic: We launch the REVOLUTION  (Read 138279 times)

Offline chrisphl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • View Profile
    • chpohl.de
Re:We launch the REVOLUTION
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2013, 07:22:32 AM »
Hi Javier,

nice to read some written lines from your hands here. As I'm one of those people that you disappointed cancelling their Peak+ order I'm sure not asking just for myself but for all of your customers:

Could you please so kind to state the hardware specifications you're estimating to build into the new Geeksphone Revolution?

My list of smartphones opens with the OpenMoko Neo Freerunner GTA02, went further with the Nokia N900. Actually I'm using an HP Pre3 and I really would like to "peak" this row of more or less free smartphones with an high end product of your company running Firefox OS. I really love (and live) the idea of free software.
As you can read above, I'm close to cancel my order completely because I deeply feel the disappointment of being deceived. We all are human thus do fail from time to time. I do believe you couldn't do anything to avoid the misery you stumbled into. But why do you continue to not communicate with me and all the other Peak+ order customers and strain the rest of trust in your company we all have?

You could back up again and make me (and many other people) happy with answering my question.

hopefully
Christian

@WAD: I think the forum crashed yesterday evening somehow. I could turn it back to english version using profile settings. (Don't forget to input your password, to make the change happen.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:26:01 AM by chrisphl »
kind regards
Christian

http://chpohl.de

Offline Wad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Re: We launch the REVOLUTION
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2013, 04:21:51 AM »
For the Revolution, can we at least see some pictures of the entire phone instead of the only picture on Tumblr?

For my preorder, currently, I haven't yet any return from my email to get the Revolution instead of Peak+. Do you still have a lot of email to deal with? There are some money at stake here :-\

@chrisphl, I saw your post and now, I'm guessing it's good because I see the UI in english ^^
Thanks for your help.

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2013, 04:37:43 AM »
For the Revolution, can we at least see some pictures of the entire phone instead of the only picture on Tumblr?

Good point! I'm also interested in details about the new phone.  :)

Come on, Geeksphone: There MUST be an update since last week  ;)
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Havin' problems with connecting your GP Revolution with ADB or want to add some features or some improvements? Try my little scripting project "FIREFOXER" and tell me your opinion :-)

--> http://forum.geeksphone.com/index.php?topic=6063.0

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2013, 04:41:36 AM »
Remember that most of us Peak+ clients will only buy the REVOLUTION  if there are more information about the hardware and especially about the release date.

Don't forget to give us feedback every week - you promised it  :)
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Havin' problems with connecting your GP Revolution with ADB or want to add some features or some improvements? Try my little scripting project "FIREFOXER" and tell me your opinion :-)

Offline Wad

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2013, 09:27:24 AM »
I hope that we will be soon able to tell "this phone is amazing" but we need informations first. ;)

For my preorder, currently, I haven't yet any return from my email to get the Revolution instead of Peak+. Do you still have a lot of email to deal with? There are some money at stake here :-\
I quote myself just to say that I got an email today about my change for the Revolution and I see "Cambiado por REVOLUTION" (Changed by Revolution in english) in my account. I do not have more information but it's a start ^^
So I'm guessing that everybody will get an answer soon.  :)

Offline Pavl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2013, 01:06:36 PM »

Offline ivanBasel

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2013, 01:30:25 PM »

Offline xinouch

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2013, 03:10:42 PM »
haha! the so waited news :D

that's a great news :) :) :)
hope it will work!

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2013, 03:43:01 PM »
xinouch:
haha! the so waited news :D

that's a great news :) :) :)
hope it will work!

what does that mean "great news" - they did not give us the information in which JANUARY they want release the revolution. could be also january 2015 :-D :-D
I'm joking ;-)

I also hope that geeksphone will release it at the date they told us :-)

any further news about the hardware?

greetings! :-)
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Offline Javier (gp)

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2013, 04:47:03 PM »
Christian, regarding your question

We hope to publish full specs before Christmas

It will be in line with flagship devices from other manufacturers, maybe slightly below, but between the 1st and 2nd series of other brands.

Offline znmeb

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2013, 07:08:36 PM »

It will be in line with flagship devices from other manufacturers, maybe slightly below, but between the 1st and 2nd series of other brands.

LTE? *That's* flagship! ;-)

Offline ivanBasel

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2013, 12:04:42 AM »

LTE? *That's* flagship! ;-)

In the Spanish forum it appears that it will have HSPA+ connection and not LTE, quoting an answer of Javier(gp): En principio no contará con LTE pero sí con HSPA+, that translated means: In principle it will not have LTE but HSPA +.
HSPA+ has a max velocity of 84Mbps downlink and 22Mbps uplink. Instead LTE 100Mbps downlink and 50Mbps uplink. HSPA+ is an older technology than LTE (http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-hspa-and-vs-lte/).
But it is also my question. Which type of connection the phone will have?
HSPA+ or LTE? From the Spanish forum it appears that it will have HSPA+ connection. Is that true?
Thank you
 :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 12:07:20 AM by ivanBasel »

Offline znmeb

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2013, 12:18:53 AM »
In the Spanish forum it appears that it will have HSPA+ connection and not LTE, quoting an answer of Javier(gp): En principio no contará con LTE pero sí con HSPA+, that translated means: In principle it will not have LTE but HSPA +.
HSPA+ has a max velocity of 84Mbps downlink and 22Mbps uplink. Instead LTE 100Mbps downlink and 50Mbps uplink. HSPA+ is an older technology than LTE (http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-hspa-and-vs-lte/).
But it is also my question. Which type of connection the phone will have?
HSPA+ or LTE? From the Spanish forum it appears that it will have HSPA+ connection. Is that true?
Thank you

My ZTE Open has HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps - I'd settle for 84 M downlink, given that my wired broadband is only 25M ;-)

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2013, 10:08:50 PM »
Sounds like the description for the cancelled peak+ ;)
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Offline ivanBasel

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2013, 10:48:40 PM »
at last we have some informations :)
instead of give them one by one, why not create a real post where you give the specs of the phone (intel x86, 2Go RAM for the moment), the price, the release date (2 months ?), where you are actually in the project (MP lanched ?), what you need before send the new phone...

it would be VERY kind of you to give us a sort of roadmap for the revolution that you update daily or weekly to tell us how the project is.

I think, you ought it to us, and you need it to regain our trust.
You create open phones, why not create it openly? (well... with a known development)
+1

Is http://geeksphone.tumblr.com/ official by Geeksphone? Why no more details there like 2GB RAM, Intel processor, HSPA+ or LTE, etc.?

Is the specification true in http://www.zonamovilidad.es/noticia/6974/Noticias/Geeksphone-Revolution-un-Smartphone-con-Android-y-Firefox-OS.html ?
That device, which is priced at 180.29 euros, OpenWeb integrates its IPS screen is 4.3 inches with a resolution of 960x540 pixels and Snapdragon S4 processor at 1.2 GHz, with 1GB of RAM and 4GB of internal memory, which can be expandable via microSD cards. Includes 8-megapixel main camera and 2 megapixel front.

It is written in this uninformative article: "Geeksphone no ha revelado aún las características de este dispositivo, sin embargo es de suponerse será superior al Geeksphone Peak+."

That translated means: "Geeksphone has yet to reveal the features of this device, however is assumed to be superior Geeksphone Peak +"

So why are you still speculating on the total nothing. This article is quite stupid. It is saying that the features are not revealed yet and at the same time is simply repeating the features of the peak+. I say that it is rubbish.
I would say that before to cite rubbish, please read carefully.

From GP the features of the Revolution are: screen 4.8 inch HD, HSPA+ (read the spanish forum please). So the article you cited is wrong.

And to answer your question: "Is http://geeksphone.tumblr.com/ official by Geeksphone? Why no more details there like 2GB RAM, Intel processor, HSPA+ or LTE, etc.?"

Are you able to read the rest of the forum? The GP founders published this tumblr. So why should not be it official??????

All the informations are on the forum and easily accessible.

I say to be patient and wait. And if you cannot just ask back your money. Is that not simple?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 10:54:33 PM by ivanBasel »