Author Topic: Touchscreen not working  (Read 2319 times)

Offline jpata

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Touchscreen not working
« on: April 13, 2011, 12:06:18 PM »
Hey,

I've been using the One since summer and it's been pretty solid, however in the last days I've noticed that the touchscreen has become very unresponsive. At first it seemed like a software issue - removing the battery helped for a while. But now nothing helps anymore, the touchscreen simply does not work. I can't detect any obvious errors, the phone is totally intact, no cracks or scratches or the like. Maybe a fault in the electronics?
How do I troubleshoot it? I'm running the latest RCMod 4 and I've been using the same version for months now, no other issues with it to speak of.
Is anybody experiencing similar issues?

Cheers

Offline aitorTheRed

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Ich Weiss nicht
Re: Touchscreen not working
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 12:13:59 PM »
Hey,

I've been using the One since summer and it's been pretty solid, however in the last days I've noticed that the touchscreen has become very unresponsive. At first it seemed like a software issue - removing the battery helped for a while. But now nothing helps anymore, the touchscreen simply does not work. I can't detect any obvious errors, the phone is totally intact, no cracks or scratches or the like. Maybe a fault in the electronics?
How do I troubleshoot it? I'm running the latest RCMod 4 and I've been using the same version for months now, no other issues with it to speak of.
Is anybody experiencing similar issues?

Cheers
Hi jpata :) Let's see if we can help you :)
First of all, I will recomend you to do a wipe and reinstall the rom. Maybe it's something about the rom. To do a wipe, you will have to reboot in recovery mode, and select Wipe :) You can do a backup first, just in case this don't solve your problem.
If the problem still persits, contact miguel@geeksphone.com but if it is a hardware problem, I think you might have to send the phone to SAT in Zooo (in Madrid, Spain).
Good luck!
I'm not Geeksphone Staff. Only Forum Administrator.
"Los README son para los gallinas. Se valiente y ejecuta"
Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aitorTheRed

Offline jpata

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 09:57:49 PM »
I think I got it working now by pushing on the area that has ONE written on it. It takes quite a lot of pressure though but at least I can get it working when it dies. For some reason I don't think it's a software issue, since RCMod 4 worked fine for me for several months before this started happening.

Offline Edmund vistia

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 12:50:37 AM »
Was it the first time you have faced the touchscreen problem or is it recurring one jpata?