Author Topic: GK-ICS  (Read 20354 times)

Offline luis920810

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Re: GK-ICS
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2013, 10:40:27 PM »
Disponible para su descarga la versión 0.1 de Geeksphone Keon ROM.

Saludos

Gracias la he instalado me funciona exelente a excepcion de que intale googleplay.apk y al intentar abrirla se cierra automaticamente
y trate de instalar Foursquare.apk y me lanza un mensaje de "aplicacion no instalada" quisiera saber si hay una solucion  :'(

Offline c.val

• VIP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 23
    • View Profile
    • sys.nodo21.org
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2013, 11:02:28 PM »
¿Por qué no instalaste con la ROM las Google Apps (está incluido Google Play)?

El enlace original es http://sys.nodo21.org/geeksphone-keon-rom.

Saludos
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 01:00:03 PM by c.val »

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline lajennylove

• Thank You
  • Geek | FanGirl | Web Developer | CodeIgniter |
    • View Profile
    • LaJennyLove
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2013, 01:54:01 PM »
I just flashed my keon, everything looks ok, but i cant add a google acount, and sync my google calendar looks far away now, its there any fix to this issue?

EDIT: I just see the 0.2, will flash with it now.

EDIT: With version 0.2 now google acounts work :) maybe my error flashing i guess.

Thanks for this rom :)

Hi there! I got the same issue as you, how did you solve this? I just installed this ROM http://sys.nodo21.org/sites/all/modules/pubdlcnt/pubdlcnt.php?file=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58100451/keon/GK-ICS-1.0.zip&nid=26 and then i installed this gapps http://sys.nodo21.org/sites/all/modules/pubdlcnt/pubdlcnt.php?file=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58100451/keon/gapps-ics-20120429-signed-MOD.zip&nid=26

But even so, i just cant make it work... Could you help me? :(

Greetings.
Geek | FanGirl | Web Developer | CodeIgniter | Fashion | The Beatles | ♥ | Linux | México... Soy una SailorScout que lucha por el amor y la justicia.

Offline lajennylove

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • LaJennyLove
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2013, 10:23:45 AM »
¿Por qué no instalaste con la ROM las Google Apps (está incluido Google Play)?

El enlace original es http://http://sys.nodo21.org/geeksphone-keon-rom.

Saludos

Hola, ¿me podrías ayudar? Yo puse en mi SDCard el archivo GP-KEON-ICS-1.02.zip y gapps-ics-20120429-signed-MOD.zip luego desde el panel (no sé su nombre pero sale con power + Vol Up) hice wipes a la cache y el factory reset.

Luego instalé con install from SDCard GP-KEON-ICS-1.02.zip y gapps-ics-20120429-signed-MOD.zip, luego reinicié. El sistema arrancó perfecto y anda súper bien. Pero no me cargó nada de google Apps. Bajé una PlayStore en apk y al intentar iniciarla me como que abre pero se cierra al momento y no me deja abrir ningún servicio de Google.

¿Hay forma de resolver esto? Porque me gustaría poder usarlo con Google Apps, de hecho por eso lo instalé.

Saludos y gracias, Jenny(@la_jennylove en twitter).
Geek | FanGirl | Web Developer | CodeIgniter | Fashion | The Beatles | ♥ | Linux | México... Soy una SailorScout que lucha por el amor y la justicia.

Offline c.val

• VIP
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 23
    • View Profile
    • sys.nodo21.org
Re:GK-ICS
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2013, 01:10:06 PM »
Realiza los pasos de "instalación" en http://sys.nodo21.org/geeksphone-keon-rom (incluido "fastboot flash recovery TWRP-GK.img").

Durante el primer arranque se configurará la cuenta de Google y tendrás un Google Play funcional.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline lajennylove

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • LaJennyLove
Re:GK-ICS
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2013, 02:33:33 PM »
Realiza los pasos de "instalación" en http://sys.nodo21.org/geeksphone-keon-rom (incluido "fastboot flash recovery TWRP-GK.img").

Durante el primer arranque se configurará la cuenta de Google y tendrás un Google Play funcional.

¿Cómo puedo entrar a ese modo fastboot? Es lo que no he encontrado... Por eso es que usé ese otro método que encontré por ahí en internet. Ya sabiendo como entrar ya podría hacerlo.

Gracias por la ayuda.

Offline vsakos

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2015, 10:34:11 AM »
Does anybody have the rom and the other files, since the site is down?

Offline fggrau

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2015, 11:02:40 AM »
Buenas tardes!
he encontrado mi keon aparcado y quería volver a revivir-lo con android....pero el enlace de la rom que aparece en este hilo no esta operativo!

alguien la tiene o de donde podría bajar-la es que no la encuentro por ningún lado!!!

gracias
regards

Offline dipayan

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2016, 12:19:44 PM »
downloaded link not exists.I will be grateful to you if you share a alternative link to download the same.

Thanks & Regards
Dipayan

Offline rq

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2017, 02:22:02 PM »
In case anyone still wants that, I've put the files I have for Keon here.

This includes:
  • the USB driver
  • Firefox OS images for various branches (including 2.6 image from MexMod)
  • and the Android ICS ROM with all the goodies plus ADB files (under Android)

I downloaded the Android files last September through the links I found in this flashing tutorial, which worked quite well for me (except I decided to retain the original recovery image instead of flashing TWRP).

It would be great to have the instructions on rebuilding the Android image though, as I still see some space for improvement. Namely, here are the things I didn't like and workarounds for some of them:
  • There's only one capacitative button, on the phone, so it should have more functionality than just Back. I remapped the long press of this button to Home after installing Xposed Framework and Xposed Additions. Note: the Xposed Installer doesn't work properly out-of-the-box on this device, you have to download and install an additional APK for it to work.
  • The 3-dot menu button or whatever it is called was not displayed in applications by default, probably because the ROM assumed the phone had a dedicated menu button. The Force 3 dots menu Xposed module enabled that button, but it would be great to have this fixed directly in the ROM.
  • I wanted a way to access Recent Applications, so I installed the Recent Bar app. It adds a list of recently launched apps to the pull-down notification shade, and also allows to put a Recent Apps icon anywhere on your home screen. (Alternatively, just the latter functionality is provided by much tinier Recent Task 2.)
  • I first tried to make the bundled LMT launcher trigger Recent Apps, but it didn't work out, so I disabled LMT altogether. It could as well be dropped from the ROM as far as I'm concerned. I tried to use a couple other gesture-based apps, but ended up removing them as well. I think the problem is that gestures don't work very well on Keon, or I maybe just suck at gesturing. :)
  • Swiping left/right in Settings/Apps does not switch the active tab (Downloaded, On SD Card and so on). It works that way on my Galaxy S2, and is much more convenient to use (and more consistent with other places). I wonder if this behavior changed in Android 4.1, or if it's a Samsung addition.
  • My language is not available in the ROM. It would be cool to have more languages in it, since you can't really install additional languages easily, if at all.
  • The screen shortly flashes white during bootup, before switching to glowing Android wordmark on black background. This flashing is a bit ugly, and it would be cool to have the GP logo on boot instead of Android. :)
  • The News & Weather app from original GApps package didn't work and – even worse – failed to update. I ended up trimming the GApps package manually (check out the MINI version) and removing News & Weather, Google Talk (now Hangout) and Gallery (probably obsoleted by Google Photos) from it, because all these can be installed from Play Store. Generally, I don't think it makes much sense to flash all Google apps to ROM (/system/), and then have them updated into /data/app/ right away, ending up wasting precious space on two copies of each such app, some of which you don't even use. Instead, I would prefer only a bare minimum (just the Play Store, its dependencies and things you cannot directly install from it) to be flashed to ROM, allowing to install all other stuff from Play. The Open GApps Project allows to generate GApps packages in various levels of inclusiveness, but they only support Android 4.4 and up.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:33:34 AM by rq »