Author Topic: New stable image (1.1)  (Read 7780 times)

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 64
    • View Profile
New stable image (1.1)
« on: October 24, 2013, 04:32:45 AM »
As promised, the 1.1 stable is released. If you have 1.0.1 stable will receive a update request. Make sure you have a wifi connection, because it's a big file. Once accepted, the download will start and the update will be applied. Once applied the device will reboot and you will get a Peak with a 1.1 stable operating system. All your data, contacts, etc. will be available.

In this image we have added some patches that has not been added to mozilla's code already. They have them and are working in adding them, but we think that you don't need to wait for this patches to be included in the code, so we release this image as soon as we fixed it.

If you have any other version, you will not receive any request with this update, so if you like to use the stable version you will need to flash the image that you can download from http://downloads.geeksphone.com/ (Latest Stable). Bear in mind that keeping your data when updating to this image is not supported and could cause many problems.

Once you flash this image or update it by FOTA you will only receive update request for stable images, not for "normal" 1.1 or any other version.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline talamaska

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Re: New stable image (1.1)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 10:44:52 AM »
I got the update by checking for latest version. I got now 1.1 but it's not firefox os , now it's b2g this is confusing.
seems the camera is working and the notification slider is hiding correctly, also my Providers services are working too. The Building blocks UI finally seems to look right, before something was wrong with the pixel ratio and the provided styling was looking somewhat too small. The apps icons installed by the Firefox simulator are now appearing immediately. The Sms text box is finally expanding on multi-line messages. Also the start up screen is no more firefox but geecksphone background. The USB share of the internal storage as well for sdcard is here too.

Bear in mind that keeping your data when updating to this image is not supported and could cause many problems.

Once you flash this image or update it by FOTA you will only receive update request for stable images, not for "normal" 1.1 or any other version.

I didn't get that part.
Do you mean that if we choose to install the latest stable manually by flashing, we will lose the personal data like messages and phone numbers?

I'm aware of that, since i got experimenting with the unstable releases, and finally had to revert to original 1.0 stable.

I though we always get the auto-updates if only there is stable release.

Offline straylight

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 12:00:33 PM »
I upgraded today and the UI looks better, camera works fine, the only thing that stopped working was internet access to secure websites like Gmail and I can't access the Firefox store, and the apps section on the left is also not loading any icons, searching for apps gives no results. Is this a know issue? Thanks.

[ update: I rebooted a few times and a new version of HERE maps downloaded. Secure internet connections and the store now works properly, don't know why :) ]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:29:33 PM by straylight »

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 12:22:57 AM »

Bear in mind that keeping your data when updating to this image is not supported and could cause many problems.

I didn't get that part.
Do you mean that if we choose to install the latest stable manually by flashing, we will lose the personal data like messages and phone numbers?

This only means that it's not supported... may work or not. If you have a 1.1 daily image and flash the stable over keeping your data will have many possibilities that will work, if you have a 1.2, maybe not. Anyway, this way can cause problems with some apps or settings.

Offline talamaska

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 04:38:36 AM »
That's ok :)
I see the wifi hotspot is not starting itself anymore, thanks for that it is quit huge vulnerability issue.
I think the bug is still opened for 1.2.
I pretty happy with the update, nothing broken for now

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 04:50:28 AM »
Thanks.

We work hard to get this stable image.

Offline Nils Holgersson

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 05:31:39 AM »
And when can we expect the 1.1 for the Keon?

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 07:52:38 AM »
No release date by now...

beadmaze

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 01:16:13 PM »
Many thanks for this beautiful stable Release!
 :D :D :D

Offline cosenal

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 07:13:20 AM »
After the update via OTA, my Peak is not recognized as a USB mass storage device anymore. I tried with different OSs and I tried to disable/enable the 'USB mass storage' option in the Settings. Anyone with the same issue?

Offline nasroby

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 08:37:47 AM »
Yes I had this issue too. The parameters have changed. You have to go in media storage and mark here "share with usb". I hope it's clear because I'm in french in FFOS...

Offline cosenal

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 08:45:11 AM »
Thanks a lot @nasroby. That fixes the issue ;-)

Offline danielneis

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
    • View Profile
Re:New stable image (1.1)
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 03:36:33 AM »
Hello,

what about redirect "download.geeksphone.com" (whithout the final "s") to downloads.geeksphone.com instead of to main site?

Kind regards,
Daniel

Offline Doelf

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 03:46:47 AM »
Happy birthday, stable image (1.1)!

We had good times - but now it is time to move on!