Author Topic: Solved: Revolution not recognized as mass storage device  (Read 4269 times)

Offline hbs

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Solved: Revolution not recognized as mass storage device
« on: February 22, 2014, 02:11:05 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm very happy with my new Revolution running FFOS!

I put an external SD card in the Revolution. The card is mounted by the phone properly. However, when i connect the Revolution with my linux PC via USB, it is not recognized as mass storage device.

I did enable 'usb-storage' (under settings) and 'share using usb' for the sd card (under media storage) but this doesn't help.

Any idea?

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 07:07:36 AM by hbs »

Offline hbs

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Re:Solved: Revolution not recognized as mass storage device
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 07:10:27 AM »
Mass storage works fine after FOTA and restore to factory settings. Thanks Luis!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 07:12:50 AM by hbs »

Offline silverbucket

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 03:12:57 AM »
Mass storage does not work for me at all. Not only that, but it doesn't even charge when plugged into my computer. The phone doesn't detect anything has changed. When I plug it into a USB cable that's connected to a power adapter, then it charges fine.

What do I have to do to enable mass storage on my Android Revolution?

I tried enabling USB debugging mode in the developer options, not luck.

Offline xinouch

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 04:51:03 AM »
in linux, with KDE, I've had to install kio-mtp package.
as MTP is a microsoft protocol, it is generally not installed by default in linux.

Anyway, have you try to pass your connection in PTP?
in android, when the device is connected, just slide the upper screen side to the bottom in order to see the messages and the parameters.
you should have a message "connected as a multimedia device". click on it, and change the protocol ;)

Offline Friedemann

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 07:57:23 AM »
Mass storage does not work for me at all. Not only that, but it doesn't even charge when plugged into my computer. The phone doesn't detect anything has changed. When I plug it into a USB cable that's connected to a power adapter, then it charges fine.

I have the same problem. However, it did work before. And it seems not to be a question of Linux/Windows since I had the phone connected to both systems which worked well. Not anymore that is. However, it will load via USB slot if I switch the phone off...

Offline sasa

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 12:30:19 AM »

I have the same problem. However, it did work before. And it seems not to be a question of Linux/Windows since I had the phone connected to both systems which worked well. Not anymore that is. However, it will load via USB slot if I switch the phone off...

I had the same problem after switching back from FFOS to Android, and solved.
It required a wipe & factory reset... (Power + Vol-).
Is it a right answer?>Geeksphone

I think this is a bug that should be fixed.

Offline ruk

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
    • View Profile
    • ruk.ca
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 10:25:53 AM »
My progression was:

• Receive phone with Android pre-installed
  • Install Firefox OS from the Androind menu
  • Revert to Android via adb sideload, as outlined in the forum here
  • At this point the Android device would neither charge when plugged into the USB port of a computer, nor would it be recognized as a USB mass storage device nor allow me to use adb.
  • Wiped the phone (restarted while holding Volume-, followed prompts from recovery menu)
  • After the wipe and reboot the USB issues were solved: I can charge from a laptop, use adb, and mount he device as mass storage

Offline ragnarok

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 12:09:05 PM »
Hello Everybody, I was kinda having the same problem. As it turned out the problem was with my Windows that didn't "get" the drivers right, after it went from Android to B2G.

I have a 64bit Windows 8.1 PC and in the Device-Manager the Revolution was recognized as an "Android ADB Iinterface", as well as a portable device named "Revolution".

Right-clicking the portable device "Revolution" in the Device-Manager, and choosing an automatic driver-update, turned it into two windows-recognized storage devices.

I think one of them is the internal memory (which can't be acessed, windows wants me to insert a media instead) and the other is clearly the SD-Card (which can be accessed as I wanted).

Hope it helps someone.

Just one question: Is it normal that the SD-Card becomes "non-sized" if you enable USB for it?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 06:01:38 AM by ragnarok »

Offline pijander

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 02:57:52 PM »
This worked for me !!
Thx, a lot !!!

My progression was:

• Receive phone with Android pre-installed
  • Install Firefox OS from the Androind menu
  • Revert to Android via adb sideload, as outlined in the forum here
  • At this point the Android device would neither charge when plugged into the USB port of a computer, nor would it be recognized as a USB mass storage device nor allow me to use adb.
  • Wiped the phone (restarted while holding Volume-, followed prompts from recovery menu)
  • After the wipe and reboot the USB issues were solved: I can charge from a laptop, use adb, and mount he device as mass storage

Offline tuxman

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: Solved: Revolution not recognized as mass storage device
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 12:17:15 PM »
I'd got the same problem. I juts boot in recovery mode :
Power off phone - and then push power and volume Down... wait and then ou have to select recovery mode.
Then select reboot phone. And i let USB plugin and when system finish to boot appear USB icon on the top of Phone and Mys sd was detect by my Debian system. :)
Sooo coool.