Author Topic: Firefox Bugs  (Read 28814 times)

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 64
    • View Profile
Re:Firefox Bugs
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 01:44:01 AM »
I don't see any FOTA from 26 March... where is it?

Please read the post (only 1 page...) before asking questions:

About the fota from 26March, it's one that i am testing right now. It's not public by now, but i tested this bugs and  some of them are fixed.

Offline lupus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 05:40:07 AM »

Another thing 2: If you change the network connection mode (from mobile data to wifi or the other way round) the apps seem to loose their connections and you have to restart them in order to have a network connection again. Is that a bug or just normal?

In general, if you change the network connection path (3G -> Wifi or Wifi -> 3G), the network interface is assigned another IP address. If your app opened a TCP connection with a remote entity, TCP, unlike UDP, doesn't like IP address change at all and the connection breaks.

That's right of course. But the apps doesn't recognize this and run into a timeout or just "load" forever (e.g. the mail app). Wouldn't it be better if the kernel terminates all the tcp connections so that the app has to create a new one?

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 07:09:02 AM »

That's right of course. But the apps doesn't recognize this and run into a timeout or just "load" forever (e.g. the mail app). Wouldn't it be better if the kernel terminates all the tcp connections so that the app has to create a new one?

Yes i have the same opinion but this is Mozilla stuff not Geeksphone stuff. So you should tell them  :)
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Havin' problems with connecting your GP Revolution with ADB or want to add some features or some improvements? Try my little scripting project "FIREFOXER" and tell me your opinion :-)

--> http://forum.geeksphone.com/index.php?topic=6063.0

Offline Screwtape

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 02:01:38 AM »
* Cellular & Data: Network type preference setting under Network operator is not saved: Known bug. Working on it.
I'm seeing a weird behaviour, and I just want to check whether what I'm seeing is what you describe.

Steps to reproduce:
- Reboot phone (hold power button, pick 'reboot')
- Once the phone has started and connected to the network (signal bars visible), pull down the notifications sheet, enable Aeroplane Mode, wait for the aeroplane icon to appear at the top of the screen.
- Disable Aeroplane Mode again,wait for the phone to connect to the network again.
- Launch Settings, navigate to "Cellular & Data" → "Network operator"
- Pick "Network type", and get a list of available network types. In my case, the default is "WCDMA preferred", which is correct for my network.
- Hold down the home button to access the app switcher, then tap the little 'x' to kill the Settings app.
- Launch Settings once more, navigate to "Cellular & Data" → "Network operator"
- Pick "Network type"

Expected results:
- A list of network types, as before.

Actual results:
- An empty list. No items appear, just the 'OK' button at the bottom.

I notice when I do this, it also forgets any data I might have entered under "Data settings", "Message settings" or "A-GPS settings"

Offline andregarzia

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Andre Garzia Consulting
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2014, 05:20:38 PM »
I don't see any FOTA from 26 March... where is it?

Please read the post (only 1 page...) before asking questions:

About the fota from 26March, it's one that i am testing right now. It's not public by now, but i tested this bugs and  some of them are fixed.

I read that. But it was confusing for me because FOTAs with release dates are usually public. Anyway. I just hope you guys release a method for us to build our own versions soon and start fixing bugs.

Offline Phoebix

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Phoebix
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 07:51:54 AM »
Endurance of battery is directly related to GPS module, turn it off and it lasts 2-3 days, I recommend it to everyone...
Blackscreens on PVR in many apps...
MR

I turned off my Geolocation and the battery lasts so much longer. I found it to be temperamental (never worked in Twitter, occasionally worked in HERE Maps).
Blackscreen also an issue when trying to crop pictures, good to hear it's going to be fixed.

Offline Phoebix

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Phoebix
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 07:53:33 AM »
I also had the "no sim card" in data connection when I had the ZTE Open. Am glad to hear it's going to be fixed.

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2014, 11:22:26 PM »
I have another bug with black screen - this happenend now 3 times for me

When you call somebody and you lift the phone to your ear the sensors recognize your ear and turn the screen black. Sometimes when I put my phone away the phone from ear the black screen does not disappear.

That's very nasty when you want to quit the call: Screen still black and you can not disconnect  :(

As it is a black screen bug I hope it has something to do with the "deep sleep" of the phone. So if this bug is resolved maybe mine is also solved  ;)
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Havin' problems with connecting your GP Revolution with ADB or want to add some features or some improvements? Try my little scripting project "FIREFOXER" and tell me your opinion :-)

Offline janjongboom@gmail.com

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 07:32:19 AM »
"adb disconnects when the screen turns off: Its the way that Mozilla thinks it should work. In Android this doesnt happens."

ADB disconnects when the phone is locked (e.g. lock screen). This is to prevent people from downloading sensitive data from your phone through ADB when your phone is locked. You can disable lock screen or build Gaia through REMOTE_DEBUGGER=1 DEVICE_DEBUG=1 make. Then you'll have adb always.

"Keyboard + ucase / lcase" Behavior will be reverted in visual refresh for 1.5. See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=985333

Offline xinouch

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 09:23:12 AM »
it will not be reverted: https://bug983043.bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=8399324
it will be a strange mix that is not really better... well, I'm waiting to see this in action.

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2014, 02:36:38 AM »
Thank you for that information   :)

As you plan to release the 2nd FOTA on Monday the 7th where you want to fix the SIM card error, I'll wait until Monday  ;)

Nevertheless, thanks for your support & bugfixing 8)
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Offline luis.cuervo

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2014, 02:39:37 AM »
Updated first post with info of new fota (7 April). In this fota the camera works much better. Batter has been improved and some other problems with power works better.

PS: Bada, you are faster that me :) no time to explain the changes in first post  :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 02:41:14 AM by luis.cuervo »

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2014, 02:47:33 AM »
Updated first post with info of new fota (7 April). In this fota the camera works much better. Batter has been improved and some other problems with power works better.

PS: Bada, you are faster that me :) no time to explain the changes in first post  :)

- Camera improvement sounds very very good  :) Is "ZOOMING" supported now?
- If the SIM Card error disappears without full reset than I would be very amused  ;)
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Offline revelon

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2014, 03:34:24 AM »
Well, I probably missed something...
Is there somewhere official announcement about next FOTA already?
...or if it will be, will it be there, in forums as a separate thread?
Thx for answer.

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2014, 03:50:17 AM »
Well, I probably missed something...
Is there somewhere official announcement about next FOTA already?
...or if it will be, will it be there, in forums as a separate thread?
Thx for answer.

Look at first post, where all the new bugs are collected - luis updates there his bugfixes AND he publishes new FOTA release dates there  ;)

Have a nice weekend!
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II