Author Topic: [FFOS] FIREFOXER 1.25 for Geeksphone Revolution [FROZEN]  (Read 21943 times)

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
Re: [FFOS] FIREFOXER 1.25 for Geeksphone Revolution
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2014, 11:15:36 PM »
Astro, the default GPS settings for Geeksphone Revolution were Dutch GPS server. For that reason, it took much longer to get a signal (if you were NOT from the Netherland, of course^^). FIREFOXER gives you the opportunity to change them to your home country's servers. That shall reduce the waiting time for a signal.

If you plan to go to Scotland (f.e. holidays) you should change it to Scotland's gps servers for the best results. If you don't, it will take more time to get a position signal, but it also works ;-)

@ soupytwist: Thank you for your support  8)
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Havin' problems with connecting your GP Revolution with ADB or want to add some features or some improvements? Try my little scripting project "FIREFOXER" and tell me your opinion :-)

--> http://forum.geeksphone.com/index.php?topic=6063.0

Offline rjadot

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
    • Hôdo
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2014, 03:11:50 PM »
Hello, I'm not exactly sure about which part is responsible:I made changes with firefoxer, including adblock and search engines alternative, but now the browser only gives a black screen... any idea why? :p

Offline rjadot

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
    • Hôdo
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2014, 03:32:54 PM »
Found it, the application.zip did not download correctly through wget, from mediafire, I redownloaded the application.zip and now it's ok  :)

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2014, 09:35:36 PM »
Found it, the application.zip did not download correctly through wget, from mediafire, I redownloaded the application.zip and now it's ok  :)

i'm glad that you found a solution for your problem. Nevertheless it would be easier with a log file ;-)

I try to add this for the next version. i'm working hard to make it work before Christmas ^^ But as you know, there are always 1000s other things to do in the last two weeks before 24th :(

have a nice day :)
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Havin' problems with connecting your GP Revolution with ADB or want to add some features or some improvements? Try my little scripting project "FIREFOXER" and tell me your opinion :-)

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2014, 01:46:28 AM »
Hello everybody  :)

I wish all of you a nice christmas eve. Thank you Geeksphone for the great work you are doing. Also in 2015 i'll try to support you as much as I can. I keep up the work for FIREFOXER  ;)

Hopefully Firefox OS 2.0 will be released soon  8)

Greetings,
Bada3.0
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Offline Rodrigo (gp)

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2014, 03:32:08 AM »
Dear Bada3.0 and all Geekphoners Users,

Merry Christmas and thanks for your support in benefit of open source values. Rodrigo..... ;)

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2015, 02:32:44 AM »
Hello together,

at the moment I am very busy, that's why I decided to freeze NOT to discontinue FIREFOXER.

The current version 1.25 is only full compatible to Firefox OS 1.3, Firefox OS 2.0 needs some additional workaround.

Also I am more interested in a different topic - if I can produce something productive in the next weeks, I'll let you know about my new plans - at the moment it's too early to talk about it ;)  :P

Have a nice day!

Greetings,
Bada  8)
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II