Author Topic: I want to BUY a new Peak battery  (Read 5233 times)

Offline mossroy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • View Profile
Re: I want to BUY a new Peak battery
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 01:38:00 PM »
Isn't there something we could do to find a solution?

Geeksphone does not have any batteries left, but I suppose they could refill their stock.
Or they might test some compatible batteries from a few suppliers, so that we would know where to buy.
Or tell us where they bought their original batteries, so that we might buy directly from the supplier.

It makes me crazy to have to throw away a great phone, only because I can not replace its battery.

I asked again the customer support this week-end, but I doubt I'll have an answer.

Geeksphone, if your read this, what could we do to keep using your phones?

Offline Djan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 04:27:06 AM »
 :(

For me it's simple. Since last week my phone reboots after e few minutes of use and one on the three times it even not reboots, I have to go via factory reset and reinstall all my apps ands accounts.

I won't buy a battery that is maybe not compatible for such a phone (and the graphic rendering bugs)... Perhaps if you have a real GP battery to give/sell.

1 year and a half only... Wat a shame ! It's sad: Firefox OS is nice and the 2.2 worked pretty well (except the graphic rendering).

I am waiting for the release of the ZTE Open L with a little hope that it will be of better quality over the time.

Offline jcerdan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • View Profile
    • Arch User
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, 10:47:06 AM »
In that case, I hope it will be suported and batteries will be found in dx.com or similars. I will not jump on it as I did for geeksphone products.

The problem here is that Geeksphone has completely abandoned his clients. That's all. No updates, no hard. replacements, nothing.

Personally, I've already bought an Ubuntu Phone and meanwhile I'm using my Nokia N900. Yes, a Phones with 6 years and I can still use Whatsapp and Telegram on it. How is that possible???
Nokia disappeared yes, but they gave all to the community, even maemo.org domains...
Battery replacements, for example, are easily found on the net.

Can geeksphone say the same?

I feel really bad about geeksphone. I really hoped it would be the nice small company collaborating with developers, and offering different products. I was completely wrong.
no more geekpshone for me.

Surely there will be others FirefoxOS Phones but I'll wait for Mozilla movements before (I think I should have bought the Flame....)