Author Topic: One year of GP revolution...and what ?  (Read 852 times)

Offline Sojiro

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
One year of GP revolution...and what ?
« on: September 19, 2015, 02:26:42 AM »
Hi everybody,

One year ago (almost), i was looking for a SmartPhone, my first one. I though that the GeekPhone Revolution would be the best choice, and i bought it. I was interested by the ability to choose the OS that you want to have on the telephone, because, as a new user of such kind of technology, i would see the pro and cons of each OS.

The phone has a lot of interesting feature, and, of course, a small price (plus, as an IT engineer, i would be able de tweak some behaviour of the phone)

But now, after one year of using, i can say that i'm a bit disapointed. Indeed, i have a phone that didn't appear to be upgraded by his company. And, to be clear, one of the most important feature - for me - on a phone that has only 2Gb of internal memory, is the ability to support SD card. Well, just have a look on the OS you can load on the phone :

Android 4.2.2: doesnt allow you to use the SD card for Apps, and indeed, you reach the 2Gb limit too fast. The last version of the OS is now 5.0...
CM 11: well, it seems that it is the same problem.... (12.1 for the last ver.)
FF 2.0: Didn't even try to reach the limit. Infact, i was hopping that FF2.2 would be implemented...well...we all know the status of the dev for FF 2.2 on GP rev.

To be clear, this is not the only one issue i have with this telephone, but i'm tired to wait for fix/update for this telephone (not a single one in a year). I feel like GP has left the project, without any clear communication.

My position now is simple : i will not support this project anymore, and I'm currently looking for a new phone. I hope, for every other user, that the behaviour of the company will change.

PS: sorry for my bad english, this is not my native tongue

Offline marc_fil

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Re: One year of GP revolution...and what ?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 05:21:19 AM »
Hi Sojiro,

Maybe you can read this thread :http://forum.geeksphone.com/index.php?topic=6520.0

Regards,
Marc