Poll

After upgrading to V2.1 the phone can not be turned on anymore.

? What do you mean by option ?
0 (0%)
? What do you mean by option ?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Dead peak after upgrade to V2.1  (Read 878 times)

Offline nise

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Dead peak after upgrade to V2.1
« on: December 31, 2015, 08:02:47 AM »
After upgrading to version 2.0 the phone can not be turned on anymore. The upgrade from my remote Ubuntu worked well. At least the terminal messages gave no hint about a problem. 

However, now the screen is black. Pressing on/off or any other button has no effect. So far I tried [ on/off + volume up ] without success. Are there any hidden reset key combinations I could press?

The battery is fine. A connection to the charger or USB makes no difference.

Is there a way to flash the phone with another version if the phone can not be turned on?

Would it be possible with some external hardware to flash the phone?

Offline a-dead-trousers

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Dead peak after upgrade to V2.1
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 05:13:47 AM »
Hi!

Turn the phone off (probably by removing the battery) and than on. Imediately press and Hold volume up + volume down till recovery mode starts. When the phone is in recovery you cann flash it with any firmeware you want.
Currently I recommend helmar's packages http://forum.geeksphone.com/index.php?topic=6470.msg67095#msg67095 or you could try to compile your own version using helmar's script. (2.2 won't work because of compiler issues)

wkr ADT

Offline nise

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dead peak after upgrade to V2.1
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 06:46:57 AM »
Thank your for the advice to press and hold all three buttons (volume +/- and on-off).

Unfortunately my phone does not respond. It is strange that not even the small red/blue LED is off when I try to charge it. For me it seems the whole phone is dead.

I think nothing else can be done than returning it to the manufacturer.

Thank you!