Author Topic: [Solved]Touchscreen down  (Read 3425 times)

Offline adrien

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
[Solved]Touchscreen down
« on: January 12, 2012, 10:10:43 AM »
Hi,

I got a geeksphone zero a few days ago. It worked perfectly fine, and suddendly the touchscreen stopped working. Nothing special happened, it was just on my desk and when I tried to use it I was unable to unlock the screen. I mad a hard reboot, and when I was asked for my PIN code I realized that the touchscreen was not working anymore.

I reseted it into the factory state using the recovery mode but it doesn't change anything.

Is there someting I can try to solve the problem ?

I had a look on this topic relating a similar problem on the geeksphone one. I typed "cat /dev/input/event0" in the adb shell. The point is that when I push the power button to turn the screen on, even if I don't do anything the above command print a lot of stuff as long as the screen is on...

Thanks !
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:11:57 AM by adrien »

Offline rune

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: Touchscreen down
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 10:38:57 AM »
Sounds like defective hardware to me.  Unless it happened when you installed a new rom.

Offline adrien

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 04:20:47 AM »
No, I didn't install a new ROM. I agree that it sounds like a defective hardware, but since there is apparently a similar (and "software related") problem for the geeksphone one I still hope I can try something myself. For example I wanted to know if the result of the above command in the shell is normal.

In fact: I just removed the battery yesterday, it stayed all night like this and this morning it was working again. Then I turned it off and put the sim card and the micro SD card again, turned it on and again I cannot type my pin code.

It seems to me that it happens when I do something "too fast" like turning the screen off and then on very quickly, or turning the screen on and touching the screen almost at the same time.

Offline adrien

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 04:39:07 AM »
Another things which suggest that it comes from the software side: when it's happen, it seems that something is strongly slowing down the phone. For example the text "no Sim card found" is not moving smoothly as it should. And the motion sensor don't work too.

Offline rune

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 04:55:00 AM »
Might it be a defective sd-card or sim?

You could try attaching your log file here.  But most of the real experts only frequent the spanish part of the forum, unfortunately.

Are you still using the original rom?

Offline adrien

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 04:58:00 AM »
Indeed it worked again-again, and when I putted the sim card it stopped working. But it's not true that it's enough to remove the sim card to make it work, so i'm not sure it's really related. I just think it's happen when I restart the phone.

Yes, i'm using the original rom, and I'll put the log files (which one ?) this evening.

Offline adrien

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 05:05:19 AM »
Hmmm, I really don't understand anymoere. Actually it seems that it's enough to remove the sim card, but is was not the case yesterday...

Is there a way to type the PIN code using adb shell ?

Offline rune

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 05:13:11 AM »
I think that some roms may have problems if the phone reboots while usb or the charger is connected.  But I guess that's not it.

Can you see whether the battery is empty when the problem occurs?  Sometimes the original rom doesn't charge even though the charger is connected.

Logcat defaults to the "main" log, which contains general messages from android, and is the most useful.  The "radio" log may be useful if the problem is the sim-card -- I think that it logs messages from the baseband.  I don't know what the "event" log is useful for.

I don't know whether you can type the pin from the shell.  But if you can get the sim working in either this phone or another one, you can always disable pin entirely.

Offline adrien

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 05:15:05 AM »
Well, you're right for the pin, good idea :)

It still work fine without the sim card inside. And yes, the battery is fully charged.

Offline rune

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 05:19:56 AM »
For what it's worth, I had another problem with my sim-card: it said incompatible handset, and refused to do anything.  That problem was solved when I upgraded to a newer rom.

Offline adrien

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 05:23:33 AM »
Ok, mayne I should try to upgrade someday. The point is that I'm completely new in the android world and don't know yet how it works (I mean how to actually upgrade the ROM, and how to choose one). I'm pretty sure it's easy, I just didn't have enough time up to know :)

Offline adrien

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 06:24:55 AM »
I finally installed cCyanogenMod and it seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for your help !
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:11:44 AM by adrien »

Offline zobi8225

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: [Solved]Touchscreen down
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 07:13:50 AM »
i got the same probleme,
i have just installed cyanogene mode and it doesn't work better.
I don't know what to do ....