Author Topic: How to install Cyanogen 4.4 on Revolution  (Read 1815 times)

Offline farinet

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
How to install Cyanogen 4.4 on Revolution
« on: March 29, 2016, 08:28:49 AM »
Since FFOS is a dead end now, i'd like to go back to Android or better Cyanogen. I found an old thread about how to go back. There is given this advice:

First of all, we would like to thank your e-mail, as well as your Geeksphone Revolution purchase. Regarding your issue, our device is still being reviewed by our developers, we would like to clarify that your devices have been sent before its release date, due to this, some issues could be still presented, as the devices are still being tested to solve all issues detected. Furthermore, an user guide is being currently prepared. To solve your issue, just follow the steps below:

Download the Android update.zip file: http://gpdroid.s3.amazonaws.com/revolution/revolution-4.2.2-1390837446.zip
Run Recovery mode (Power + Vol-, and select recovery)
Mark Update using adb

As soon as the option is selected, run on your computer the file already downloaded:

adb sideload <name of>.zip

Just wait for the installation to finish, and Android will be restored in your device.

But unfortunately that does not work for me. I'm getting the error that i do not have the permissions on the device(=phone). Is there a way to root firefox os on the Revolution?

Actually, i either use a netbook running tinycore linux and a laptop running slackware.

In the above mentioned thread, there is also given an advice for linux users, but that does not work for me either (i'm unsure what does it mean to boot the phone in fastboot mode).

It would not be a problem to erase all the content of the phone - with PC Sync i backed up all of interest for me.

Any help is highly welcome, thanks a lot in advance!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:34:13 AM by farinet »

Offline blackpiperman

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: How to install Cyanogen 4.4 on Revolution
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 01:07:31 AM »
Has anybody give it a try, is it working?? All of it whitout ?? I supose it's a new ROM por at least a working one

Offline ValentinPearce

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • ForgetfulMuffin
Re: How to install Cyanogen 4.4 on Revolution
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 01:38:38 AM »
I haven't tried with this ROM but I might be able to help. What OS are you on ?

If you're using Win 8,8.1 or 10 you have to disable some security features by using the advance reboot (it's somewhere in the settings) otherwise the drivers won't install themselves.