Author Topic: The vision (approximative translation)  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
The vision (approximative translation)
« on: October 25, 2010, 12:56:20 PM »
Hello, i will try to translate some part of the post for everybody has everybody do not read Spanish... :D

So here is what i have understood.

Javier or rodrigo correct me if you fond things that are wrong because a lot of things will be wrong or incorrect ;)

*************** Translation ************************

Rodrigo says that it come back from asia where he was to see the news about hardware/phone etc...

They will be 3 new device from geeksphone for the begening of 2011. There is no date at this time and no more information but they will be "on time", when it could be. ;)

He says that the vision that we have of Geeksphone is just the emerged part of the iceberg. A lot of things are done in back ground. I could sumiraze it in "research", development, and marketing.
That include search for new hardware, certifications, development, fabrication, coordination, correction etc.

Rodrigo says that this part is like the one in the Big company, and that's they (geeksphone's member) could be proud of their work.

Geeksphone use the same factory as Apple, and other phone, so it use the same fabrication's process.
It does not seems to be "enormous" but thing that we are talking about geeksphone, a small Spanish enterprise, using same process and factory as a "monster" apple for his iphone...

About synapse-phone (the german company that's build phone "on demand" you could choose what you want on it)
Rodrigo says that if there is direct competition with other enterprise, that's geeksphone is a good way. If there is no competition and no other enterprise, that's to says that there is no market...
But he doupt about the possibility to have a durable project with this way because they have already try this way and do not success.

Geeksphone tiene relationes con industrial's actor in Asia , and have a "coordination point" in Shenzhen that permit him to build "our" phone. It's not an easy point because without this point, you could not use the factory that we where talking before...

Geeksphone has offer his experience to synapse to help them and bring their experience if they accept.
And they will give us more information about this discussion after.

Rodrigo says that they give us information about the way of geeksphone (and the state of mind) in order to know what will happen and to be not frustrated about the result. (i am not sure about this translation part...)

To conclude he says that if there where is the geeksphone comunoty, there is the enterprise Geeksphone. (i do not know how to translate this, it explain the relation between us and Geeksphone, a sort of symbiosis)

*********************** Other information ***************

To explain the delay for the Two, javier has said in other post that Foxconn got problems, and that perhaps persons will be fired if i am not wrong. Perhaps they will explain it better than me.

Perdona me, soy frances y hablo español como una vaca francesa, pero hago esfuerzo para hablar correctamente. :)

Thanks to rmcc for all his work!!!! :)

Offline Simon

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: The vision (approximative translation)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 04:11:31 AM »
Javier, Rodrigo:

I would really appreaciate if you could post things like this in the international forum (or the blog). We (non-spanish members) are interested in the whereabouts of GP as well. Always waiting untill someone find's time and considers the post important enough to translate it is anoying and makes the international members of the community feel "left aside".

Offline mr-smile

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 03:24:42 AM »
I would really appreaciate if you could post things like this in the international forum (or the blog). We (non-spanish members) are interested in the whereabouts of GP as well. Always waiting untill someone find's time and considers the post important enough to translate it is anoying and makes the international members of the community feel "left aside".

this

Offline Rodrigo (gp)

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 11:12:36 AM »
Ok, you are right..... ;)

Offline Javier (gp)

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 12:52:15 PM »
We have to apologize guys...

It's true that we are having small time these days. Geeksphone now is in the critical step of getting properly funded, and while we are on the good way to achieve this before Christmas, we understand your points as we are conscious of our 'busy-ness'

We promise to get back soon to normal, and, as always, try to priorize our international forum :)

We will have very interesting surprises for everyone quite soon :)

Offline PaKaP

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 08:08:28 AM »
Hello everyone, early Geeksphone adopter here (first batch), haven't posted in a while. Thought I'd try to translate Rodrigo's little speech so that everyone's on the same page.
(and I guess I'll try to kick the French wiki awake a little bit when I've got the time).

So, there goes. All bold and notes are mine. Italics are correction made by Rodrigo.

IMPORTANT : this translation is purely a personnal effort. It may contain factual errors, mistranslations and other mistakes. It does NOT represent GP's official position, only what I understand of it.

The Vision
Hello, friends,

We're back from Asia after a fascinating and very positive trip.

We'll be commenting on what's coming in the next few months, but just to prime the pump, we'd like to announce that GeeksPhone will have three new devices on sale in the first semester of 2011. That being said, please do not ask us for more info : we're trying to find the best moment and to have every problem taken care of* before we can announce specifics like features, dates and price for our new devices.

We cannot announce things only to be forced by circumstances to go back on our word.

There's something important that I'd like to say : what you see of Geeksphone, what we talk about here, is only the tip of the iceberg. Part of this company (in my opinion, both the most important and the most complicated part) is invisible.

That part covers lots of domains : design, development, coordination with the Asian factories, the manufacturing process proper, QC, certification, planification, and much, much more.

If there's anything about Geeksphone that we should feel proud about, something that's, in my opinion, quite exceptionnal, it's that we managed to function exactly like the sector's biggest companies.

Geeksphone uses the same manufacturing channels that the big players. Your ONE is made in the same factory as Apple's iPhone among others, and by the same professional teams.

We did it from Europe, we did it from Spain.

I'd also like to make a comment about Synapse-Phone.

It's great that we're able to have direct competitors : it means that the Geeksphone way is viable and that we were right to promote freedom, to push concepts like Open Source and out-of-the-box root access and to work closely with our user community.

And, obviously, competition is the best incentive for going forward.

That being said, we have something to add : the business model that was chosen by this young initiative, the idea of a "bespoke" mobile phone, is completely impossible to realize within the current infrastructures. We know this, because we tried it.

Geeksphone has made deals with companies in the sector in order to have a coordination bureau in Shenzen-China, the go-to place for gaining entry in the big manufacturing structures. We'll be announcing soon a collaboration deal with a big Asian operator regarding this aspect of the business.

And for all these reasons, we are currently in contact with Synapse-Phone to offer them our experience in a world that we know and are able to navigate, and we'll keep you posted on these conversations.

Finally, as always, I'd like to thank the GeekPhoners community.

In all our negotiations, and there's been quite a lot of them, I've always been thinking about keeping the promises I've made here, and so far I always done so.

This is what gives me the most strength, it's how I find the energy to keep facing the industry's giants.

The GeeksPhone brand exists thanks to this community.

Thank you, and keep growing.

Rodrigo.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 08:39:07 AM by PaKaP »
Escrito sobre un teclado frances - disculpe la ausencia de acentos.

Offline Rodrigo (gp)

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 08:32:12 AM »
Hello everyone, early Geeksphone adopter here (first batch), haven't posted in a while. Thought I'd try to translate Rodrigo's little speech so that everyone's on the same page.
(and I guess I'll try to kick the French wiki awake a little bit when I've got the time).

So, there goes. All emphasis and notes are mine.

IMPORTANT : this translation is purely a personnal effort. It may contain factual errors, mistranslations and other mistakes. It does NOT represent GP's official position, only what I understand of it.

The Vision
Hello, friends,

We're back from Asia after a fascinating and very positive trip.

We'll be commenting on what's coming in the next few months, but just to prime the pump, we'd like to announce that GeeksPhone will have three new devices on sale in the first semester of 2011. That being said, please do not ask us for more info : we're trying to find the best moment and to have every problem taken care of* before we can announce specifics like features, dates and price for our new devices.

We cannot announce things only to be forced by circumstances to go back on our word.

There's something important that I'd like to say : what you see of Geeksphone, what we talk about here, is only the tip of the iceberg. Part of this company (in my opinion, both the most important and the most complicated part) is invisible.

That part covers lots of domains : design, development, coordination with the Asian factories, the manufacturing process proper, QC, certification, planification, and much, much more.

If there's anything about Geeksphone that we should feel proud about, something that's, in my opinion, quite exceptionnal, it's that we managed to function exactly like the sector's biggest companies.

Geeksphone uses the same manufacturing channels that the big players. Your ONE is made in the same factory as Apple's iPhone among others, and by the same professional teams.

We did it from Europe, we did it from Spain*.

I'd also like to make a comment about Synapse-Phone.

It's great that we're able to have direct competitors : it means that the Geeksphone way is viable and that we were right to promote freedom, to push concepts like Open Source and out-of-the-box root access and to work closely with our user community.

And, obviously, competition is the best incentive for going forward.

That being said, we have something to add : the business model that was chosen by this young initiative, the idea of a "bespoke" mobile phone, is completely impossible to realize within the current infrastructures. We know this, because we tried it.

Geeksphone has made deals with companies in the sector in order to have a coordination bureau in Shenzen-China, the go-to place for gaining entry in the big manufacturing structures. We'll be announcing soon a collaboration deal with a big Asian operator regarding this aspect of the business.

And for all that* reasons, we are currently in contact with Synapse-Phone to offer them our experience in a world that we know and are able to navigate, and we'll keep you posted on these conversations.

Finally, as always, I'd like to thank the GeekPhoners community.

In all our negotiations, and there's been quite a lot of them, I've always been thinking about keeping the promises I've made here, and so far I always done so.

This is what gives me the most strength, it's how I find the energy to keep facing the industry's giants.

The GeeksPhone brand exists thanks to this community.

Thank you, and keep growing.

Rodrigo.

*these mark the places I'm not sure I understood. If someone Spanish (or Rodrigo himself) can clarify, I'll be glad to change my post.

Thanks for your translation my friend, I edit these * marks to try to clarify it..... :)

Offline PaKaP

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 08:37:44 AM »
Hey, thanks !  :)

Although it would have to be "And for all these reasons", I guess. I've changed my original post.

Offline Burn2

• Top Member
  • Thank You
  • RCmod 4.0.0pre3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 01:22:48 PM »
better translation then my poor Spanish capacity :D
Perdona me, soy frances y hablo español como una vaca francesa, pero hago esfuerzo para hablar correctamente. :)

Thanks to rmcc for all his work!!!! :)

Offline PaKaP

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 02:02:07 PM »
Hey, it's my day job ;)