Author Topic: We launch the REVOLUTION  (Read 137239 times)

Offline ivanBasel

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • View Profile
Re: We launch the REVOLUTION
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2013, 08:39:54 AM »
You need to understand that we are working with a complicate supply chain, for that reason we need to be really carefully.

I give you an example: we are working to have 2GB RAM, but we need double (triple) check from the memory factory.

We are now in MP (Mass production) - 8 weeks, but not all components are confirmed yet..... ;)

Wow very big step from the peak+.
Good luck with the launch  :)

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2013, 09:04:25 AM »
Same with me :-) if the news will continue week by week, it's something! good luck geeksphone
Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Havin' problems with connecting your GP Revolution with ADB or want to add some features or some improvements? Try my little scripting project "FIREFOXER" and tell me your opinion :-)

--> http://forum.geeksphone.com/index.php?topic=6063.0

Offline ivanBasel

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2013, 11:37:44 AM »
@ xinouch: A nice and client-friendly proposal  :)

I think, you ought it to us, and you need it to regain our trust.
You create open phones, why not create it openly? (well... with a known development)

That's exactly my opinion!

Ok, good points. We want to organize and weekly updated roadmap, about Revolution here in Geekphoners... ;)

An interesting information would be if it will have the support for 4G LTE networks. Here in Switzerland we have good phone subscriptions for the fast 4G. I could drop the fixed connection for a fully mobile one if this phone will have this support.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 12:13:11 PM by ivanBasel »

Offline Wad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2013, 12:16:42 PM »
Ok, good points. We want to organize and weekly updated roadmap, about Revolution here in Geekphoners... ;)
I'm glad to see this, at least, we will be able to see the evolution of this new phone  :D
As I take care of my privacy and as I want to trust Geeksphone, I will give it another try  :)
So I'm taking the 3rd solution and I will wait.
But I hope that I will get a good firefox os phone at the end.

Good luck with the revolution ;)

Offline chrisphl

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • chpohl.de
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2013, 12:29:02 PM »
You need to understand that we are working with a complicate supply chain, for that reason we need to be really carefully.

I give you an example: we are working to have 2GB RAM, but we need double (triple) check from the memory factory.

We are now in MP (Mass production) - 8 weeks, but not all components are confirmed yet..... ;)
So you are in mass production but not able to say anything about the phone? WTF?! Nobody treats you to make any promises here but everybody wants to "feel" the good work. At the moment one can see that you keep back information you just have to have... This makes me think about refund my money from Peak+ order, just to keep it save in case your young, shiny smart company crashes... :-|
What I (your customer who paid the due) expect is detailed information:
  • _What_ hardware in detail (RAM, CPU, other peripherals, cell standards et cetera) did you order to mass product?
  • _When_ did you order the mass production?
  • _Where_ did you order the mass production?
With every little piece of information you could regain trust... (I'm repeating myself).
And last but not least: Update all your customers about every(!) change in plan you have!

[Edit]:
I missed to say that, sorry: I _really_ would like to trust in your good work, Geeksphoners, so please, please help me, make it as easy as possible to me. Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 12:32:08 PM by chrisphl »
kind regards
Christian

http://chpohl.de

Offline Bada3.0

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
  • FREIHEIT!
    • View Profile
    • FIREFOXER
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2013, 01:16:11 PM »
geeksphoners, as you can see, Germans are hard to handle xD they want to know so much information related to our posts :-D

seriously, if you really want us "unlucky peak+ clients" to support the geeksphone  revolution, you should be careful with details and dates about the new phone. you have to understand our anger and our sarcasm: we invested money, we waited, we waited again and then we were disappointed with the cancel of that wonderful project.

to get back our trust in your company & your products you really should give us details about the new phone when you are sure that you can keep your promises ;-)

take your time and when you have all necessary components for the new phone THEN publish it detailed to us, your community.

I want to believe in your work - but it only works this way :) if you work like this, the community will trust you again (step by step) and help you by supporting the new ecosystem

I'm looking forward for new hardware details about the REVOLUTION ^^

If the new phone is not designed yet, I would have a suggestion for the new phone :)

I hope that the new firefox os phone will be a massive phone - not like the "plastic bomber"galaxy phones from Samsung, but that's just my opinion ;)

Geeksphone Revolution
ZTE Open C (FFOS 2.2)
Samsung Wave II

Havin' problems with connecting your GP Revolution with ADB or want to add some features or some improvements? Try my little scripting project "FIREFOXER" and tell me your opinion :-)

--> http://forum.geeksphone.com/index.php?topic=6063.0

Offline chrisphl

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • chpohl.de
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2013, 01:32:16 PM »
Just to be a bit more concrete:
[...]when you have all necessary components for the new phone THEN publish it detailed to us, your community.[...]
Nope, not that way in my opinion. Open up your plan, share it with us, please! I want to know which hardware you plan to build in but even OK, if you say 'we do not' while giving a clear reason for that.

kind regards
Christian

Offline xinouch

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2013, 01:40:01 PM »
Nope, not that way in my opinion. Open up your plan, share it with us, please! I want to know which hardware you plan to build in but even OK, if you say 'we do not' while giving a clear reason for that.

+1 that was what I said in my previous post: a weekly updated roadmap, so we can see where the development is, why it changes or not, and *estimate our delivery date*

Offline Rodrigo (gp)

• Administrator
  • Top Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2013, 01:52:05 PM »
We have a just create a tumbl account to blogging the Revolution Roadmap.

geeksphone.tumblr.com

Offline cfenzo

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2013, 01:55:47 PM »
Excellent, Rodrigo :)

Let's hope you guys keep it up to date with informative updates,
so I won't regret going for option 3: exchange for the revolution ;)

Offline caprican

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2013, 02:42:33 PM »
Ok but we need to know about the specs
and why dual boot Android/Firefox OS ? I'm only interested by Firefox OS

Offline xinouch

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2013, 02:44:00 PM »
edit: ok, grilled by caprican :D

Well... I don't see it anywhere in this topic, so:
it seems that the revolution will be shipped with Firefox OS AND Android in a dual boot.
see : http://circuloti.sharedby.co/5XpPnl

That could explain the price (nearly the same as a nexus 5). because, personally, I wouldn't by a phone 300 € with firefox OS on it (it is clearly less mature than android kitkat).

I think it's a pity, because a free phone is not compatible with android. NO WAY. And that doesn't fit with geeksphone actual policy : "our main battle is the protection of privacy" (it's what this tweet means https://twitter.com/geeksphone/status/405785210798624768 ).

well... maybe I'm wrong. what do you think about that?

Offline znmeb

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2013, 08:01:56 PM »
I've got a ZTE Open (US eBay version, second lot) which I got on September 18. I ordered a Peak+ on the same day, and I've opted to wait for the Revolution. In the meantime, I've managed to operationalize Mozilla's build and flash processes and I'm running Boot to Gecko 1.3 preview on the ZTE Open. It took me a week or so to get all the glitches out, though. See https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Firefox_OS_build_prerequisites for starters.

The questions I have for Geeksphone are:
  • Assuming the hardware on the Revolution is solid, will Geeksphone provide Boot to Gecko images?
  • Will I be able to load Boot to Gecko on it using the upstream Mozilla source, or is there a port that needs to be done (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Porting).
  • If there's a port required, will Geeksphone do it?
  • Have Geeksphone begun a port?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:03:43 PM by znmeb »

Offline haribo

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2013, 12:31:20 AM »
Oh wait here!
If the revolution is to offer dual boot, I dont understand. I'm a B2G user and I don't care about android. And I think the overway is (almost) true.

Also a phone is not a device that you reboot at will. I consider a phone like a 24/24 connected device.

I think the dual boot is (huge) error.

Offline chrisphl

• Thank You
    • View Profile
    • chpohl.de
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2013, 12:58:39 AM »
Why are you discussing some features that may be but also may _not_ be included in GP Revolution? In fact we know nothing about it.
In my opinion it's a shame, Geeksphone! There are questions over questions about the specs above in this thread. You should answer them all immediately! But all you did until now is to ignore any question. Instead you are posting an image of a battery cover that could in fact be a piece of plastic from everywhere over the world. If you are working on mass production there must be blue prints, mock-ups, anything like that. Post them, print them  today, please!

If there's nothing like that, something which will convince me that I can trust you, today, Friday, 29th of November, I will cancel my order the same day. Sorry Geeksphone, I'm at the end of my tether.  :'(
kind regards
Christian